Soarin' new ending ?

rtmachine

Original Poster
Anybody else think that there will be a new ending after the walls are all down and they can shoot new footage of the new stuff in the middle, same applies for the Space 220 elevator ride that now shows clouds over the middle, CGI of course.

Soarin' California was a nice distraction till then...

fgmnt

Anybody else think that there will be a new ending after the walls are all down and they can shoot new footage of the new stuff in the middle, same applies for the Space 220 elevator ride that now shows clouds over the middle, CGI of course.

Soarin' California was a nice distraction till then...
I would prefer the company shoot a new movie for EPCOT Center that does not suck as bad as the Shanghai film.

WoundedDreamer

I would prefer the company shoot a new movie for EPCOT Center that does not suck as bad as the Shanghai film.
The 2016 iteration of Soarin' is pretty awful. It's unfortunate because it probably had a budget significantly larger than the original. Moreover, they were working with a proven concept and had sophisticated technology. And what they created was just disappointing. The worst part was them replacing Soarin' Over California at California Adventure. At least Soarin' 2016 is defensible at Epcot, but there was no logic at DCA. That was one of the first steps towards DCA's current implosion.

Admiral01

Premium Member
The 2016 iteration of Soarin' is pretty awful. It's unfortunate because it probably had a budget significantly larger than the original. Moreover, they were working with a proven concept and had sophisticated technology. And what they created was just disappointing. The worst part was them replacing Soarin' Over California at California Adventure. At least Soarin' 2016 is defensible at Epcot, but there was no logic at DCA. That was one of the first steps towards DCA's current implosion.
The original Soarin over California was so beautifully authentic. A real love letter to the subject matter, down to Jerry Goldsmith’s incredible score.

The new Soarin around the world is way too performative and formulaic. The music is derivative without being engaging. The scenes are too perfect with the addition of CGI (some are fully CGI). No heart or feeling. It just goes through the motions.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Over California gives motion sickness than I don't get on Around the World.

But yes, I'd like to believe that we'll see an updated EPCOT ending but I can see them keeping the existing ending for "nostalgia."

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I find the bending CGI stuff more disorienting.

It's the central vision fixation, not the peripheral events that's the proximal cause of the vexation. Some people have issues with convergence insufficiency and vertical heterophoria, where the images from either eye can't be matched up with what's being input from the other eye. It's the same with those that can't use the 3d glasses.

Its one of the joys of a heterogeneous population, it's not one size fits all, its a spectrum they are building things for and unfortunately not all can be served.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Its one of the joys of a heterogeneous population, it's not one size fits all, its a spectrum they are building things for and unfortunately not all can be served.
But we accept everybody, whether they're heterogeneous or not.

Andrew25

I'd imagine if we get a new ending it would be flying over MK, not Epcot. Epcot's hub is still not ready... unless they just use CGI.

Cmdr_Crimson

They can IP the heck out of this now with adding this to the finale...

Of course this is isn't the first time they put IP characters in Soarin when they had added the Disney Planes characters in the preshow video

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom