Redoing the seats in MuppetVision

AndyS2992

Nice, probably should have put in new carpet at the same time since the chairs were pulled up but whatever, doesn't seem to be in bad condition. I still think the show needs replacing with a new one, Muppets themed or otherwise.

ppete1975

I wonder how the plastic (sorry leatherette) will wear compared to the cloth. Usually it cracks and if anyone has anything sharp on their pants or shirt it can cut the material. Cloth usually wears better even if it looks dirty after a point.

Lilofan

I wonder how the plastic (sorry leatherette) will wear compared to the cloth. Usually it cracks and if anyone has anything sharp on their pants or shirt it can cut the material. Cloth usually wears better even if it looks dirty after a point.
I've seen when we see the show that some seats are covered. One CM said one guest threw up on the cloth seat. Now vinyl its easier to clean.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
There's probably perks and minuses to both sides. In the end, maintenance will still have to exist. Crazy concept I know.

Cmdr_Crimson

I love this. Muppets deserve some TLC from Disney. They can never figure out how to use them elsewhere though.

Bring back the muppet show
They worked well at MK during their stint in Liberty Square which could have been a potential idea to shift the idea out to Grand Ave..Who would want Statler and Waldorf heckle guests or hear a few jokes from Fozzie.

Smiley/OCD

Easier to clean for sure, but pretty nasty if the person before you was sweaty. Which of course would never be a problem in Orlando...lol

Hopefully, there's some breathability with perforation in the vinyl or another method.
Mmmā€¦youā€™re right! Iā€™m having flashbacks about sitting in my first car with vinyl seats in July with shorts onā€¦third degree burns and skin sticking to the seatā€¦

ppete1975

Just not sure if vinyl will last the 32 years the cloth ones did... those were the originals werent they?

Regardless love it getting the TLC and it means it should have a few more years in it and I wont need to be as scared as I usually am about it closing.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Just not sure if vinyl will last the 32 years the cloth ones did... those were the originals werent they?

Regardless love it getting the TLC and it means it should have a few more years in it and I wont need to be as scared as I usually am about it closing.
wow were those really the original seats in there? I don't recall if/when they were replaced before but that seems like a long time.

Smiley/OCD

With a show constantly squirting water, bubbles and having sweaty backs on them, with all that moisture, no wonder the cloth was moldy. They should have been vinyl from the start.
And head lice donā€™t live on vinyl seatingā€¦just sayinā€™ā€¦

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom