News Disney Skyliner closing for brief routine maintenance in January 2024

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Here's the announcement from Walt Disney World.

From January 16, 2024 through January 21, 2024, Disney Skyliner will be closed for routine maintenance. Disney Skyliner service to and from Disney’s Riviera Resort and International Gateway at EPCOT will remain closed through January 27, 2024. During this time, complimentary bus service will be available.

Drdcm

I understand the need for maintenance, I just wish they would plan this stuff way ahead of time and announce it beforehand. Three months is well within many peoples trip bookings. Call me a grinch I guess

James Alucobond

I understand the need for maintenance, I just wish they would plan this stuff way ahead of time and announce it beforehand. Three months is well within many peoples trip bookings. Call me a grinch I guess
This is really true for all maintenance. I feel like Tokyo Disney, for instance, does a much better job of publishing their maintenance calendar super early so that you can plan a bit better.

arich35

What a bunch of BS.
Not only do they announce this about 80 days before the date but they decided to move the refurbishment up from the last two years. I specifically choose our dates to try and avoid the shutdown as much as possible.

Why wait until not even 3 months beforehand to announce this when it is done in January every year? People book at certain resorts because of the Skyliner, now you wait so people have less options to switch and are pretty much stuck

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
What a bunch of BS.
Not only do they announce this about 80 days before the date but they decided to move the refurbishment up from the last two years. I specifically choose our dates to try and avoid the shutdown as much as possible.

Why wait until not even 3 months beforehand to announce this when it is done in January every year? People book at certain resorts because of the Skyliner, now you wait so people have less options to switch and are pretty much stuck
If it makes you feel any better, there are still plenty of resorts available with discounts if you need to change location.

Touchdown

I’m sure it has to do with how early Mardi gras is this year this maintenance takes 2 weeks, they start later they bump into Mardi Gras (Feb 13 this year.)

TrainsOfDisney

“From January 16, 2024 through January 21, 2024, Disney Skyliner will be closed for routine maintenance. Disney Skyliner service to and from Disney’s Riviera Resort and International Gateway at EPCOT will remain closed through January 27, 2024. “

So is the skyliner running to Epcot and just not stopping at Riviera? Or is the entire line from Riviera to Epcot not operating? I’m a bit confused.

yellowb

“From January 16, 2024 through January 21, 2024, Disney Skyliner will be closed for routine maintenance. Disney Skyliner service to and from Disney’s Riviera Resort and International Gateway at EPCOT will remain closed through January 27, 2024. “

So is the skyliner running to Epcot and just not stopping at Riviera? Or is the entire line from Riviera to Epcot not operating? I’m a bit confused.
Sounds like the only lines up are CB to HS and CB to AoA/PC.

celluloid

This is really true for all maintenance. I feel like Tokyo Disney, for instance, does a much better job of publishing their maintenance calendar super early so that you can plan a bit better.

And they commit to it very well.

WDW sometimes will just scrap a refurb completely.

Proactive vs reactive in many cases.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom