New Walt Disney World offer gets you a $1,000 Disney Dining Promo Card

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
Just did a quick comparison, in short offer is not that great. I would say does not make any sense. *Depending on what you are trying to accomplish the offer may or may not make sense to you. If looking to save upfront on package price there are better options, however if you are looking to prepay for a portion of your food then this will most likely save you some cash over the course of your trip depending on your situation and what offers are available to you* Here is just a quick comparison I did of three of the current offers:

Time: December 10-16
Resort: All Star Movies Standard Room
Tickets: 5day standard tickets
*Family: 2 Adults 2 children Ages 3 and 7*

25% Room discount - $3859.76
Free dining card offer came to - $4146.68 (plus $360 in gift cards $60*6nights)
Disney+ 35% room discount *(All Star qualifies for 25% according to this table https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/disney-plus-fall-holiday-2023-room-offer/)* - $3788.00

So staying at a value resort the free dining card costs $286.92 more than your stay with the *standard* 25% off offer. One could say you will save $73.08 in the long term booking with the free gift card if you apply its full value to food during your trip. But you will pay more on the up front price of tickets and room.

HOWEVER if you utilize the Disney+ 35% off offer the price is $3788.00. A difference of $358.68 compared to the gift card offer. Even if you utilized the gift card for just food over the course of your trip you would only "save" $1.32.

Depending on your dining plan and style the 35% discount seems to be the best deal or equal to the gift card offer. *More of a choice of is it better to have the card or would you rather have the cash*

EDIT - * indicates updates, more information on the changes based on comments and conversation below.

Last edited:

the_rich

The wording is a little weird, at least to me. How can you do a 5 night, 4 day stay. Wouldn't it be 5 day, 4 night?

the_rich

Just did a quick comparison, in short offer is not that great. I would say does not make any sense. Here is just a quick comparison I did of three of the current offers:

Time: December 10-16
Resort: All Star Movies Standard Room
Tickets: 5day standard tickets

25% Room discount - $3859.76
Free dining card offer came to - $4146.68 (plus $360 in gift cards $60*6nights)
Disney+ 35% room discount - $3788.00

So staying at a value the Free dining card costs $286.92 more than your stay with the 25% off offer. One could say you will save $73.08 in the long term booking with the free gift card if you apply its full value to food during your trip. But you will pay more on the up front price of tickets and room.

HOWEVER if you utilize the Disney+ 35% off offer the price is $3788.00. A difference of $358.68 compared to the gift card offer. Even if you utilized the gift card for just food over the course of your trip you would only "save" $1.32.

Depending on your dining plan and style the 35% discount seems to be the best deal or equal to the gift card offer.
This is a little disingenuous. You can't get 35% at the all stars with that offer. The most is 25%, so it is definitely better to take the gift card. Who isn't going to spend at least $360 on food in 6 days.

Jambo Dad

Overall its probably at best break even for the room discounts across their portfolio.

Once again their crappy copy writers strike out with ‘5 night 4 day’. Bring on the AI engine - it would work better.

Overall its probably at best break even for the room discounts across their portfolio.

Once again their crappy copy writers strike out with ‘5 night 4 day’. Bring on the AI engine - it would work better.
The terms state you must stay a minimum of 5 nights and purchase at minimum a 4-day ticket to qualify. When you purchase a package with tickets, you don't have to purchase the same length of ticket as the number of days in your stay. You can book more or fewer days, but the "sticker price" is advertised as the same number of days.

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
This is a little disingenuous. You can't get 35% at the all stars with that offer. The most is 25%, so it is definitely better to take the gift card. Who isn't going to spend at least $360 on food in 6 days.
My bad like I said, I was doing it quick and just comparing the three prices. I am updating the original post to be a bit more transparent. However the actual numbers do not change, and while I would agree with you that the average person/family will definitely spend more than $360 on food during that time period, having it tied up in a gift card may not be the best solution for every person. A family that flies in and is "stuck" on property will find more value in the gift card than say someone who drives in and can make the $360 they saved in cash go further by purchasing food and dining outside of the bubble. As I said it really goes to the vacation preferences and style of the person what offer would be better. With either option the price is about the same once you factor in food costs.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
The terms state you must stay a minimum of 5 nights and purchase at minimum a 4-day ticket to qualify. When you purchase a package with tickets, you don't have to purchase the same length of ticket as the number of days in your stay. You can book more or fewer days, but the "sticker price" is advertised as the same number of days.
Minimum is 4 nights.

Important Details About This Offer​

• The number of packages available for this offer is limited.
  • Everyone in the same room must be on the same package.
  • Advance reservations are required.
  • Minimum 4-day theme park ticket required.
  • Minimum 4-night length of stay required.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Sounds like a good deal for international travelers who may not be able to secure a room discount.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
People will jump on it without doing the math because *free* food.

It actually comes out to about even with a 35% room discount. Any less of a a discount and you come out ahead with this deal.

We actually just came out super ahead on this. We are pretty resort agnostic so don’t care where we stay, which is why this works for us so I’m hedging the following statement because of that.

We went from 5 nights at AKL in a one bedroom standard to 5 nights in a one bedroom standard at SSR for basically the same price, and now we are getting $1,000 in free food, which when combined with the Disney Visa dollars I have in the bank already means all of our spending money for this vacation is now covered. Now, granted some may say this is a resort downgrade but as long as we have the room we need and a pool for the kids, we are pretty hotel agnostic as i mentioned. We drive to the parks normally so the bus at SSR isn’t a concern.

Marionnette

We actually just came out super ahead on this. We are pretty resort agnostic so don’t care where we stay, which is why this works for us so I’m hedging the following statement because of that.

We went from 5 nights at AKL in a one bedroom standard to 5 nights in a one bedroom standard at SSR for basically the same price, and now we are getting $1,000 in free food, which when combined with the Disney Visa dollars I have in the bank already means all of our spending money for this vacation is now covered. Now, granted some may say this is a resort downgrade but as long as we have the room we need and a pool for the kids, we are pretty hotel agnostic as i mentioned. We drive to the parks normally so the bus at SSR isn’t a concern.
Unfortunately for Disney, modifying an existing reservation for a net gain of zero (or in your case a negative once the dining card is factored in) doesn't move the needle. Though I'm glad it worked out in your favor. :) Disney needs people who were not planning to visit to pull the trigger and book a stay.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Unfortunately for Disney, modifying an existing reservation for a net gain of zero (or in your case a negative once the dining card is factored in) doesn't move the needle. Though I'm glad it worked out in your favor. :) Disney needs people who were not planning to visit to pull the trigger and book a stay.

That’s true for Disney, but while it’s advantageous I’m certainly going to take advantage of it. It won’t be a negative for Disney for most bookings but when I can modify for the same price and get $1,000 in dining, I’m taking it.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
One question on this - I’m assuming you get the promo per night regardless on what date you check in? My TA said they weren’t sure on this yet so I’m trying to figure out if we will get the full $1,000 or only $800 as our check in date is Nov 26th and the last eligible check in date is Nov. 29th.

The way I read it is that you get the promo for length of stay as it’s based on your check-in day and not your check-out day so I think we are eligible for the full $1,000.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom