Gideon's Bakehouse at Disney Springs Temporarily Closed

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Gideon's Bakehouse at Disney Springs has been dealing with air conditioning issues and closed early last night, was closed today and sounds like the store will be closed again on September 1.

Here are the updates from Gideon's Bakehouse Instagram account.

IMG_6274.jpg

IMG_6275.jpg

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Gideon's Bakehouse at Disney Springs has been dealing with air conditioning issues and closed early last night, was closed today and sounds like the store will be closed again on September 1.

Here are the updates from Gideon's Bakehouse Instagram account.

View attachment 740230

View attachment 740231
Yikes. 🙁

Hope the AC issue gets resolved soon. Getting a couple of cookies from Gideon's is something I look forward to on every WDW visit.

As always, thank you, appreciate the info.

MagicHappens1971

So who would be in charge of the A/C system and getting it working? Disney or Gideon's?
I would say it depends on their lease agreement, but probably Disney. This summer has been really rough on Floridian air conditioners. My parents & grandparents A/Cs went out this summer and the resort I work at has had countless compressors go out

Drdcm

I’ve never had their cookies because I’m not willing to wait an hour and a half for a cookie. Any tips on how to get them without waiting forever?

jaklgreen

The Gideons cookies are fantastic. I don’t understand how people don’t like them.
Well the ones that we were sold where already a day old. I am a baker that has made thousands of cookies in my career. I know a day what a day old cookie looks and tastes like. Plus the cake slice that we got was much too sweet, and this is someone who love cotton candy. Also, the icing on the cake was grainy. Not impressed with them at all. My standards might be higher, but my daughter didn't like them at all either.

Eric Graham

A lot less waiting also! :)
Well the ones that we were sold where already a day old. I am a baker that has made thousands of cookies in my career. I know a day what a day old cookie looks and tastes like. Plus the cake slice that we got was much too sweet, and this is someone who love cotton candy. Also, the icing on the cake was grainy. Not impressed with them at all. My standards might be higher, but my daughter didn't like them at all either.
You're a baker. Do you have a website? My wife loves sweets, but me not just once in awhile.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom