ESPN Bet - Disney Enters Gambling

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Iger is ready to bring smoking sections back and build the Cigar Store on Main Street and add another in Frontierland.
The longer he’s around…the longer they will employ every “scorched earth” move they can find to pull out of the stock spiral

Because he sees it as a direct reflection on his personality/soul

It’s really what Roy E Disney warned about for decades.
He should have smoked less…like his uncle.

cr3346

Took them long enough. ESPN getting $1.5 billion over ten years is a pretty solid deal.

The most intriguing thing? PENN sold Barstool back to David Portnoy as part of the transaction. PENN basically told Barstool to suck eggs.
PENN didn't even sell it back, they gave it back. Massive W for Portnoy

Disstevefan1

Great - gambling will save Disney.
I finally figured it out! We are living in the alternate 2023!
dis2023A.jpg

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Just how much did Dave Portnoy pay to buy back Barstool Sports from Penn Entertainment?

According to a new securities filing, Portnoy acquired the sports media brand he founded for just $1.

Of course, there are other pieces to the deal, but the shocking sale price (Penn spent $551 million to acquire Barstool) makes for an interesting end to that relationship. Penn says that it expects to record a loss of between $800 million-$850 million on the deal."

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Tha Realest

This isn't new and has been a problem since the day professional sports started, and none of this has anything to do with ESPN BET.
The number of reported and major gambling scandals has exploded with the increased expansion of legalized gambling over the last year. College football, NFL, players, and now, In the last week, MLB’s brightest star and a staring NBA center have been caught up in this.

Most of the leagues and now networks are either business partners with gambling concerns, or rely heavily on their advertisement dollars. You don’t think this will affect coverage?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
The number of reported and major gambling scandals has exploded with the increased expansion of legalized gambling over the last year. College football, NFL, players, and now, In the last week, MLB’s brightest star and a staring NBA center have been caught up in this.

Most of the leagues and now networks are either business partners with gambling concerns, or rely heavily on their advertisement dollars. You don’t think this will affect coverage?
But as I mentioned this isn't new, gambling has been part of sports since pretty much day one. So I think it'll affect regulations, but sports isn't going anywhere and neither is sports betting. So whether it ESPN or Comcast Sports (who just recently expanded their partnership with DraftKings) or some other network, betting will be part of it, its inevitable. So why shouldn't ESPN get a piece of the action, and no I don't think it'll affect coverage.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom