News Peak heat index to hit 112F at Walt Disney World theme parks this week

monothingie

Turn those machines back on!
Premium Member
It's going to be in the MID 90's TODAY and throughout the week.

I hope you all appreciate that extra 2-4 degrees of coldness.

I understand the winter jackets, mittens, and hats are being stocked in stores throughout the property.

Shining Jack Nicholson GIF

Ayla

I see what you did there. Intentional derail, very nice.

Both COP and HOP should remain!!!!!

HOP should just get it’s updates as POTUS’s come and go

COP should get its usual technology updates, but ALL animatronics should be fully updated with the latest and the last scene should be updated to better represent present day.
Saying it's time to visit longer, air-conditioned attractions in a thread about heat isn't an intentional derail. 😂 🤔

Lilofan

Yes, I get it now. COP and HOP are two of my favorite get out of the heat attractions. American Adventure also high on the list.
I've seen fellow guests chill out on the AA second floor overlooking the rotunda where Voices of Liberty perform on the first floor. Its private and a place to catch a snooze.

Last edited:

prberk

I see what you did there. Intentional derail, very nice.

Both COP and HOP should remain!!!!!

HOP should just get it’s updates as POTUS’s come and go

COP should get its usual technology updates, but ALL animatronics should be fully updated with the latest and the last scene should be updated to better represent present day.
No, I meant for a nice long classic attraction with AC.

DisneyCane

Yea, I think during normal years the rain and clouds stop the heat before it can get too hot. But, during this year, we haven’t gotten much rain at all. There also aren’t as many clouds as there usually are without the rain, so the sunlight warms it up even more.
Possible. We're getting a lot of rain in Southeast Florida and it's still been very hot and humid.

DisneyFanatic12

Possible. We're getting a lot of rain in Southeast Florida and it's still been very hot and humid.
That’s crazy! Could be because of the ocean temps too. All of our grass is dying because we haven’t gotten a drop of rain for two weeks. It sprinkled a little today, but no noticeable precip for a while. (Due to scattered showers, some other areas have gotten closer to a normal amount of rain)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom