News Valet parking discontinued at Disney Springs

Smooth

Anybody remember when?
1690917954635.png

Jambo Dad

Specifically thinking about AMC. Not sure how that would fly with them and their A-List subscription. It’s a big location for the chain, so figures they would have some weight to throw around.

Not to mention, logistically are the garages and access roads even capable of handling toll booths? The road that goes from I4 West to Orange is tiny and feeds directly into the garage. It would be able to handle one-two cars at a time. Backups would be the norm on weekends and evenings.
Toll booths aren’t necessarily a thing in modern lots. Many self parking places you put your license plate number in a machine and pay with a card. The DS decks even know which spaces are free - they can probably monitor if you don’t pay electronically even.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Toll booths aren’t necessarily a thing in modern lots. Many self parking places you put your license plate number in a machine and pay with a card. The DS decks even know which spaces are free - they can probably monitor if you don’t pay electronically even.
We have a parking garage here that does exactly that.

facts

I know I'll regret jumping in, but I have to. I don't think you people understand how "validations" work.

Do you really think that garage owners just offer free parking because they appreciate you supporting their neighbors? If only! The businesses generally pay for each validation in an attempt to attract your business.

While most of the businesses in DS could probably afford it, I don't see them just biting the bullet if they think there's a chance the customers would pay it directly--which, sadly, they might.

lazyboy97o

The parking indicators are just a sensor. They’d all have to be replaced in order to also monitor payments. Just installing self-pay machines would require work to provide the power and data necessary for them to function.

The District is trying to endear itself to the other taxpayers in the District. They’re not that bright but adding parking fees isn’t currently even being discussed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom