Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

United Kingdom pavilion restrooms reopen with new look at EPCOT​

United-Kingdom_Full_55032.jpg

United-Kingdom_Full_55031.jpg

United-Kingdom_Full_55030.jpg

aladdin2007

Restrooms just re-opened and are much improved.

Refresh my memory ... Which World Showcase restrooms remain in dire straits? Have the Japan and China bathrooms gotten any TLC yet? With the recent changes to UK and Morocco, they're the ones that still stick out in my mind.
Marrakesh are def old school Epcot, but doesn't matter since no restaurant. Was always fun to check out though to step back into the 80s. Same for Le Cellier, not sure the status of those. Remember the dingy little ones in the back of Japan behind the gardens? now that one was creepy.

Robbiem

The tiling reminds me of Russell Square ’tube’ station. It’s a shame the toilets aren’t underground in old school London fashion

Fun fact - the original Victorian london tube had different tile patterns at each station because most passengers couldn’t read

Attachments

• IMG_9026.jpeg
    IMG_9026.jpeg
    50.5 KB · Views: 33

jpinkc

I agree completely! they don't all need to be huge attractions, but they need be something...especially with them not adding additional pavilions, just adding a real attraction in each of the pavilions that offer no more than a restaurant and shop would be grand... And Toad Hall in the UK would be lovely! Even if I am partial to Mary.
Maybe Toad Hall between Canada and UK, and Mary on the other side.... but that would be a lot of attractions and people right where there is usually a huge crowd... Japan and Germany need attractions to drive people deeper into the WS
Did someone mention Japan Pavilion there is only one answer for a Dark Ride, ya know the guy who Kicked Disneys Butt at the Box Office :p

BigG-1.jpg

hpyhnt 1000

The tiling reminds me of Russell Square ’tube’ station. It’s a shame the toilets aren’t underground in old school London fashion

Fun fact - the original Victorian london tube had different tile patterns at each station because most passengers couldn’t read
Nice! The restroom tile is undoubtedly a reference to the tube station.

As an aside, THIS is exactly what theming and decoration at EPCOT should look like: homages to real world locations, history, and culture, perhaps with a touch of whimsy. It should rarely be characters, IP, or other self-references to “Disney.”

stuart

Nice! The restroom tile is undoubtedly a reference to the tube station.

As an aside, THIS is exactly what theming and decoration at EPCOT should look like: homages to real world locations, history, and culture, perhaps with a touch of whimsy. It should rarely be characters, IP, or other self-references to “Disney.”
It's quite clearly not a homage to the vast majority of British public toilets.

Which isn't necessarily a bad thing!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom