United Kingdom pavilion refurbishment

Bocabear

Well Cinderella is a Grimm's Fairy Tale that was actually written in France by by Charles Perault in 1679...long before the Grimms...and frequently the settings were in other places...Not Germany... So if they did that, we would get a fictional country again like Arendelle...boo.

James Alucobond

Well Cinderella is a Grimm's Fairy Tale that was actually written in France by by Charles Perault in 1679...long before the Grimms...and frequently the settings were in other places...Not Germany... So if they did that, we would get a fictional country again like Arendelle...boo.
I'm not saying it should happen, but it is one of the few that retains a lot of the German nomenclature even in the English version, down to the names for Rapunzel and Gothel. That said, Corona in the Disney telling doesn't look anywhere near as explicitly compatible with the architecture of the Germany pavilion as Arendelle did with Norway.

Touchdown

Cinderella stories predate Grimm and the earliest stories come from France. Snow and Rapunzel are German stories.

Bocabear

I'm not saying it should happen, but it is one of the few that retains a lot of the German nomenclature even in the English version, down to the names for Rapunzel and Gothel. That said, Corona in the Disney telling doesn't look anywhere near as explicitly compatible with the architecture of the Germany pavilion as Arendelle did with Norway.
And that is more my thing than anything else....does it evoke Germany...the characters might, but the country, not at all. It is a shame they would have to be tethered to an IP at all...Just something evocative and transportive that makes you feel like you have been to Germany....

jmuboy

Has everyone seen these repainted the Tea Caddy almost a bone white color?
It’s historically in accurate and looks - well awful

James Alucobond

Pretty sure that's generally been the underpainted color as it tends to weather toward that when it ages. As always, perhaps wait until they apply all of the finishes. Buildings like the Enoteca Castello are similarly jarring during the repainting process.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

Still a work in progress

United-Kingdom_Full_54633.jpg

vikescaper

Restrooms just re-opened and are much improved.

Refresh my memory ... Which World Showcase restrooms remain in dire straits? Have the Japan and China bathrooms gotten any TLC yet? With the recent changes to UK and Morocco, they're the ones that still stick out in my mind.
I think Germany’s are still old school. At least they seemed to be when I used them last weekend.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom