News Direct bus service to Typhoon Lagoon Water Park available this summer for select Walt Disney World Resort hotels

Thepuma

Never been to Typhoon Lagoon(going in September) - but did go to Blizzard Beach last year and wow...what a huge disappointment that was..I couldn't believe it was a Disney Park. It looked run down to me. Would never go again that's for sure.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Never been to Typhoon Lagoon(going in September) - but did go to Blizzard Beach last year and wow...what a huge disappointment that was..I couldn't believe it was a Disney Park. It looked run down to me. Would never go again that's for sure.
Not been to a lot of waterparks huh?

They are dirty by nature

But blizzard just got a pretty big maintenance makeup over during Covid?

What exactly was the “run down” parts?

DisneyFanatic12

The only place I’d think might appear “rundown” would be the Runoff Rapids area… but that place is just covered in lush foliage. Remember, it’s a ski resort/mountain in Florida. That’s why that area is super lush. Going to various mountain ranges myself, it’s increadibly well-themed in my opinion. Landscaping is top-notch.

DisneyFanatic12

Any idea when BB is going to reopen?
October-November most likely. Fall for sure. The holiday overlay is still being advertised by Disney, so if it doesn’t open up by October the best guess is the first official day of the holiday season.

It is almost guaranteed to be open by December, unless something drastic happens.

Comped

Volcano Bay & Aquatica are consistently closing at capacity. VB is expensive but offers higher quality attractions.
Aquatica is consistantly ranked and voted the best waterpark in Orlando, far exceeding VB (which has a splotchy safety record for my taste) and Disney's waterparks too...

CntrlFlPete

Somebody needs to buzz their tower, goose…

Why?!?!?

It’s overpriced! This stuff isn’t selling!

FIX
IT
!!!

for current passholders, it is something like $49 for a one day ticket. I believe it is a $100 add on to an annual pass -- so three visit break even, but there are other odd benefits included --

There is admission to Wide World of Sports (which I have no clue on how/why/when to use)
You get to play foot golf (looks fun)
you can visit either miniature golf for free before 4 PM -- so I feel it is not horrible for a local AP holder (compared to other WDW offerings).

monothingie

Turn those machines back on!
Premium Member
Meanwhile at the Parking Lot Tram loading points at DAK, DHS, and EPCOT...
Tumbleweeds Plains GIF

Comped

for current passholders, it is something like $49 for a one day ticket. I believe it is a $100 add on to an annual pass -- so three visit break even, but there are other odd benefits included --

There is admission to Wide World of Sports (which I have no clue on how/why/when to use)
you can visit either miniature golf for free before 4 PM -- so I feel it is not horrible for a local AP holder (compared to other WDW offerings).
You'd need to play minigolf like 6-7 times before you broke even, and that's without the AP discount... It's really an added benefit for waterpark visits IMO.

DisneyFanatic12

If you’re a local many of our sports tournaments are held at ESPN. Nice facility with free parking, which makes it cheaper than many other facilities just off of the parking savings alone. Bundle in that the majority of the teams have an annual pass and it’s an obvious choice.

To get in they just have the same scanners at the entrance to all theme parks and the waterparks.

CntrlFlPete

We're planning on a day in our trip later this month to go to Typhoon Lagoon. Definitely doing a Lyft or Uber (staying at Boardwalk).

just an FYI, while leaving the last time, walking back to the car, I saw a driver for one of those companies refuse a family when he saw a child in a wet bathing suit. I have no clue why they would pick up a gig picking folks up at a water park. I truly wonder what this driver does to folks caught in the rain.

I was really shocked by this and I do hope it is an isolated incident, butmaybe bring cover ups just in case.

JoeCamel

just an FYI, while leaving the last time, walking back to the car, I saw a driver for one of those companies refuse a family when he saw a child in a wet bathing suit. I have no clue why they would pick up a gig picking folks up at a water park. I truly wonder what this driver does to folks caught in the rain.

I was really shocked by this and I do hope it is an isolated incident, butmaybe bring cover ups just in case.
Surely there was a towel to sit on

disneyC97

Good to know, thank you.
My youngest nephew is now 11, but will keep that in mind!

Cmdr_Crimson

I'm confused..Pop normally had a direct bus from the resort in the 00's. I only recall going back to DTD after it picked up guests..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom