Walt Disney World Fourth of July 2023 fireworks shows plans

prberk

I hope Disney gets smart and streams it on D+.

Don't need any cast / narrators.. just put a single camera up that shows the fireworks from a point by the Hub or at the train station (unless it has changed, there aren't any real projections).

There is certainly a decent segment of Disney fans who would pay for it.
When I have gone on Independence Day before (a few years back, not sure when), they have had a camera on a boom on Main Street for live feed to news organizations to pick it up for reports later (a smart move in my opinion — free advertising).

prberk

Just looked at the hours. MK closing at 10 tonight and tomorrow, others closing at 9 or earlier. I still think that the parks should be open much later in the summer like they used to be. 9 and 10 pm closings are too early for the summer. In the ‘80s and ‘90s, MK was routinely open until 11 or 12 throughout the summer — without having to pay again — but especially for holidays.

IanDLBZF

Just looked at the hours. MK closing at 10 tonight and tomorrow, others closing at 9 or earlier. I still think that the parks should be open much later in the summer like they used to be. 9 and 10 pm closings are too early for the summer. In the ‘80s and ‘90s, MK was routinely open until 11 or 12 throughout the summer — without having to pay again — but especially for holidays.
Correction, they close at 11pm tomorrow AFAIK.

junglecruise93

This^^

IanDLBZF

1688408411999.png

gerarar

Premium Member
Pretty much same as last year.

No full 360° perimeters. Only 6 original launch sites used (3 behind MK and 3 in lagoon), plus the 2 new DE launchers (used exclusively only for the red comets during "And the Rockets Red Glare").
I think at this point, we'll never see the full 360 effect return, sadly.

They used the rare mickey-shaped shells in the finale, plus integrated the FL spotlights.

GCTales

"nucular" -- 43

Ha ha, never happen. Some well connected ponce will muscle their way in to the limelight and the rest of us will have to listen to them describe the footage. "ooh look a red star shaped explosion" I would completely agree if it were shown without commentary.
I would be perfectly happy with a no commentary, steady cam on top of the train station.
When I have gone on Independence Day before (a few years back, not sure when), they have had a camera on a boom on Main Street for live feed to news organizations to pick it up for reports later (a smart move in my opinion — free advertising).
As my wife pointed out to me.. no need for them to do it, as there are vloggers who will live stream it for free.

Perhaps not the quality Disney could do, and with the aforementioned "ooh, look, a red star...", but it is free...

iMax

Pretty much same as last year.

No full 360° perimeters. Only 6 original launch sites used (3 behind MK and 3 in lagoon), plus the 2 new DE launchers (used exclusively only for the red comets during "And the Rockets Red Glare").
I think at this point, we'll never see the full 360 effect return, sadly.

They used the rare mickey-shaped shells in the finale, plus integrated the FL spotlights.
With Tron being directly near one of the former sites I would understand why its gone, but still unfortunate.

gerarar

Premium Member
With Tron being directly near one of the former sites I would understand why its gone, but still unfortunate.
It doesn't really explain the other 4 launch sites that were cut.

One near space mountain, one near BTM, one near the Electrical Parade storage, and then one near the MK monorail station. All of these were cut. Even if they just removed the Tron site, the 360° effect would've been kept in tact for the most part.
Screenshot_20230704_074624_YouTube.jpg

The way I see it, this is mostly an effect of DE & Project Nugget with the construction of the 2 new launch sites (aqua blue) near the main site behind MK and $ cost-cutting.

Just to put into perspective, we went from 11 original launch sites to just 6. Almost a 50% reduction.

Last edited:

jrhwdw

Can’t wait for the annual “World Showcase Nuclear Bomb” Display. 🤩
I wouldn't call it that myself but it happened again tonight!!!!!! Stunning as usual!!!!!! Even with no Fountains or Lagoon Lights....

Nice to see July 4th Standard is still there at WDW!!!!!!! Great work as usual MK/Epcot!!!!!!!!

vikescaper

I wouldn't call it that myself but it happened again tonight!!!!!! Stunning as usual!!!!!! Even with no Fountains or Lagoon Lights....

Nice to see July 4th Standard is still there at WDW!!!!!!! Great work as usual MK/Epcot!!!!!!!!
EPCOT’s Fourth of July tag always makes me smile….and my eardrums bleed.🤣

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom