News Disney Floral & Gifts to Transition Operations to a Third-Party Vendor

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Here's the message on the Disney Floral & Gifts webpage.

At this time, online and phone orders will only be accepted for delivery dates through August 26, 2023. Guests with a delivery date on or after August 27, 2023, are encouraged to check back closer to their arrival to learn more about their options to place an order through a new vendor, Florida Fresh Floral.

Rteetz

Disney Floral and Gifts is being moved to third party partnership operations with Florida Fresh Floral. Last day of operation for Disney's operation is August 26th.

Last edited:

note2001

So glad I didn't push my daughter to apply to Disney Floral. Just another step in Disney outsourcing their offerings.

Did you know when you place an order with FTD, 1-800-Flowers, ProFlowers or the like, they're rerouting your order to a local florist who's making pennies after supplies and the named company takes their cut? These small mom & pop shops watch the systems and grab orders as they appear, much like Uber drivers select clients to drive.

If possible, instead of using the easy websites, look up and call the little florists local to the location you want the delivery made and talk to them over the phone. You can discuss size, color, style and more. They'll appreciate the effort and will give you better flowers for the same price or less.

Last edited:

MagicRat

Wow! All of the complaining about cheap Disney on this board and the things that matter get overlooked. Who cares about people’s jobs. The constant outsourcing is what everybody should be upset about; security, landscaping and now floral is all outsourced. That is truly pathetic but keep an eye out for a damaged monorail sign!

Skywise

Wow - though it was exhorbitant I did a couple of room celebrations from these guys that made the whole trips very memorable.

I wonder if the in-room celebrations will still be offered?

It’s all very odd… it’s like they’re axing every part of the business structure that gave them their reputation for making memorable family trips to gain short term cash grabs in a race to the bottom.

Skywise

Wait, outsourcing does not mean worse. In this case it will probably be better for a better price. Disney Floral has always been way more expensive than other options. I could be wrong, but just because it is outsourced does not mean less service or lower quality.
I’m sure you’ll get a better bang for your buck flower-wise - but Disneys floral group had custom Disney merchandise and decorations and I’m not sure those will follow?

note2001

Wait, outsourcing does not mean worse. In this case it will probably be better for a better price. Disney Floral has always been way more expensive than other options. I could be wrong, but just because it is outsourced does not mean less service or lower quality.
Did you even read what I wrote? No, this does not mean better product for a better price. Not by a long shot. Disney's going to be taking a large cut.

Last edited:

MissingDisney

So glad I didn't push my daughter to apply to Disney Floral. Just another step in Disney outsourcing their offerings.

Did you know when you place an order with FTD, 1-800-Flowers, ProFlowers or the like, they're rerouting your order to a local florist who's making pennies after supplies and the named company takes their cut? These companies watch the systems and grab orders as they appear, much like Uber drivers select clients to drive.

If possible, instead of using the easy websites, look up and call the little local florists to the location you want the delivery made and talk to them over the phone. You can discuss size, color, style and more. They'll appreciate the effort and will give you better flowers for the same price or less.
Yes! I always do this when sending flowers to family all over the country. The small businesses are always so appreciative when they learn I'm calling direct from another state and the arrangements usually show it. 💐

John park hopper

Wow! All of the complaining about cheap Disney on this board and the things that matter get overlooked. Who cares about people’s jobs. The constant outsourcing is what everybody should be upset about; security, landscaping and now floral is all outsourced. That is truly pathetic but keep an eye out for a damaged monorail sign!
Why does this come as a shock to anyone --this country has been out-sourcing our manufacturing for years with good paying jobs lost. No one seemed to care.

Patcheslee

Wow - though it was exhorbitant I did a couple of room celebrations from these guys that made the whole trips very memorable.

It’s all very odd… it’s like they’re axing every part of the business structure that gave them their reputation for making memorable family trips to gain short term cash grabs in a race to the bottom.
I was looking to have something delivered for Father's Day for DH, but honestly, their selection is limited if someone doesn't like beer. The Star Wars ones are too kid oriented. Miss being able to build our own basket.

WorldExplorer

Did they ever back the "actually delivering things to your room" part?

I'm still bitter about them not just flat out saying they've removed that part until you're at the resort.

Last edited:

MrPromey

Better price?

So... You think if Disney can lower their costs, they will be passing those savings along to customers?

Have you not been paying any attention at all?

It always seemed like they did a poor job of integrating this offering. I feel like there were opportunities to bundle this with other things into more complex package offerings for resort-wide stuff but it always seemed like they kept this its own thing for some weird reason.

Lilofan

Why does this come as a shock to anyone --this country has been out-sourcing our manufacturing for years with good paying jobs lost. No one seemed to care.
Good paying jobs instead going to outsourcing for cheaper labor - business 101 for a number of companies. Typed on a device made from cheaper labor

MrPromey

Didn't they offer the floral arrangements for weddings as well? If so, will that be completely outsourced as well?

Good question. That makes me wonder if they'll still offer the cakes with the projection mapping stuff or if that kind of stuff goes out the window with this, too.

Last edited:

MissingDisney

Good question. That makes me wonder if they'll still offer the cakes with the projection mapping stuff or if that kind of stuff goes out the window with this, too.
Cakes are done by Disney pastry/bakery, who makes all the specialty cakes that anyone can order. The projection cakes are artificial with a substantial up charge for each tier requested to be real cake. It's really just a fancy prop, not food.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom