News Disney Floral & Gifts to Transition Operations to a Third-Party Vendor

MrPromey

Cakes are done by Disney pastry/bakery, who makes all the specialty cakes that anyone can order. The projection cakes are artificial with a substantial up charge for each tier requested to be real cake. It's really just a fancy prop, not food.
Ah, okay.

My understanding of these parts of the compay is pretty limited.

I recall seeing them presented together in a single booth at a Disneyana convention but that was at least... um... Well, I'd rather not say but you can get an idea by how long ago the last Disneyana convention was, I guess. 👀

castlecake2.0

Wow! All of the complaining about cheap Disney on this board and the things that matter get overlooked. Who cares about people’s jobs. The constant outsourcing is what everybody should be upset about; security, landscaping and now floral is all outsourced. That is truly pathetic but keep an eye out for a damaged monorail sign!
Security host/esses are cast members, they aren’t outsourced. In park landscaping is done by both Disney Horticulture and Buena Vista Construction Company (a wholly owned business unit of TWDC). RCID contracts BrightView to maintain district lands.

Didn't they offer the floral arrangements for weddings as well? If so, will that be completely outsourced as well?
Someone can correct me but I believe this service is offered separately from Floral and Gifts.

scottieRoss

Wow! All of the complaining about cheap Disney on this board and the things that matter get overlooked. Who cares about people’s jobs. The constant outsourcing is what everybody should be upset about; security, landscaping and now floral is all outsourced. That is truly pathetic but keep an eye out for a damaged monorail sign!
Walt Disney World security is not outsourced. Disneyland Paris has outsourced security, but not Orlando or Anaheim. As stated above, Landscape is only outsourced by RCID

MagicRat

Why does this come as a shock to anyone --this country has been out-sourcing our manufacturing for years with good paying jobs lost. No one seemed to care.
Not a shock to me, I should have included that as well. These companies have a group that wants to outsource one year and the next year a new group says bring it all back in house. Then does it all over again in an endless cycle. It is playing with money but in the end playing with people’s lives. No one in the public cares as long as they get their vacation or their product. People we all can’t work at Amazon.

Lilofan

Walt Disney World security is not outsourced. Disneyland Paris has outsourced security, but not Orlando or Anaheim. As stated above, Landscape is only outsourced by RCID
Outsourcing is nothing new to Disney. Resort custodial on the overnight is outsourced along with some parts overnight park cleaning , valet parking in resorts also

note2001

Does anyone know if Floral was a part of Horticultural / Landscaping, and also if Living with the land is a part of that same department?

ant143

This is now October ,the baskets are a joke ,you could go to Walmart and build everything they have for about 30$ total ..and the lack of variety shows they don't care anymore ....I miss the old floral arrangements...

The Colonel

A Dollar Store shopping bag with a sleeve of Oreos and a few other tidbits for $99. Magical.

Disney is still getting their cut. Except now, they don't have to lift a finger to get it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom