Blizzard Beach Reopening

AidanCKY

Original Poster
Hi all

Any rumours on when Blizzard Beach is reopening? Our trip is soon and I was so excited for Blizzard Beach, by far my preferred Disney waterpark.
Such a shame something like this is closed in summer!

Thanks!

DisneyFanatic12

It might open up with the new wave of CPs coming in, but it’s always hard for them to justify because the two waterparks are competing amongst themselves.

Typhoon Lagoon has been parking in the grass the last few times I’ve went, and they’re working on getting the bus line going for when the parking lot is too full (when the parking lot fills you go to the Orange Garage and bus over). Given this, there seems to be enough demand, so Blizzard Beach remaining closed still seems to be a staffing issue.

DisneyFanatic12

Go to Volcano Bay.
I love Volcano Bay, but you have to go during the quiet season or you’re stuck in a bunch of 300+ minute virtual queues… that’s the nice thing with Disney waterparks, you can do any slide you want! You might have to wait in a half hour line, but the slides don’t close to capacity and you don’t have to spend your whole day in the lazy river and wave pool.

Love Volcano Bay, but it’s hard to justify going sometimes…

mergatroid

I love Volcano Bay, but you have to go during the quiet season or you’re stuck in a bunch of 300+ minute virtual queues… that’s the nice thing with Disney waterparks, you can do any slide you want! You might have to wait in a half hour line, but the slides don’t close to capacity and you don’t have to spend your whole day in the lazy river and wave pool.

Love Volcano Bay, but it’s hard to justify going sometimes…
Agreed, a lovely park Volcano Bay is however the virtual queues really mess things up when it's busy.

Patcheslee

I will be, but Blizzard Beach holds a lot of nostalgia for me, I love going.
We haven't been to blizzard beach, 2017 & 2019 trips were too short to visit both. One coming up in 2 weeks we planned longer to be able to do both. It is a bit disappointing to have it closed this time around. When we've visited Volcano Bay the entire day is spent in the adventure river, wave pool, and maybe doing a couple family raft ones.

esskay

It's definently staffing and not a demand issue. As DisneyFanatic12 mentioned, TL parking has been a nightmare if you don't get there early. I visited 4 times in May, every time arriving at opening. By the time I left there were always cars on the grass at the back with CM's directing people.

That might work as a short term solution but when it gets a bit more rainy theres going to be a lot of stuck cars.

Patcheslee

It's definently staffing and not a demand issue. As DisneyFanatic12 mentioned, TL parking has been a nightmare if you don't get there early. I visited 4 times in May, every time arriving at opening. By the time I left there were always cars on the grass at the back with CM's directing people.

That might work as a short term solution but when it gets a bit more rainy theres going to be a lot of stuck cars.
We were planning to drive to TL from CBR because of the whole Disney Springs transfer needed. Rethinking that and I guess try an Uber?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
We haven't been to blizzard beach, 2017 & 2019 trips were too short to visit both. One coming up in 2 weeks we planned longer to be able to do both. It is a bit disappointing to have it closed this time around. When we've visited Volcano Bay the entire day is spent in the adventure river, wave pool, and maybe doing a couple family raft ones.
Huh? Wait…you’ve never been to the waterparks?!?

DisneyFanatic12

We were planning to drive to TL from CBR because of the whole Disney Springs transfer needed. Rethinking that and I guess try an Uber?
As long as you get there before 12:00pm you’ll be fine. Most days with good weather they’ll only fill up the grass lot (which is pretty big). Only on holidays with good weather (like if July 4th had good weather) would they run a bus line.

jannerUK

So looks like Blizzard Beach will not be open when we go in 2023 August....
https:///2023/06/disney-world-park-closed-indefinitely-ld1/

Stating a resume date for early 2024.

ogryn

Completely ridiculous that this is still closed.

They're still quite happy to sell 14 day tickets with multiple water parks mentioned
"With our 7- and 14-day Disney Tickets, you'll also have access to both Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park and Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park, plus Disney Springs Entertainment District. "
1687033020657.png

https://www.disneyholidays.co.uk/walt-disney-world/tickets/ (...water parks - plural...)

If you're forcing me into buying a 14 day ticket at the very least provide 7 days worth of places to go!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom