DAS Advance Selections change?

nicb88

Could I please clarify whether this is a new rule?

I will be visiting for a 10 day stay within the next 30 days and just tried to make my DAS selections. I was told that you can now only make 7 days of selections and the rest must be made after your first park visit.

I have used the DAS system multiple times in the past and have never faced this.

Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks :)

nicb88

Original Poster
Just an update that I've noticed others having faced this same issue on other message boards, though it seems unclear whether it's a new rule or not or just more heavily enforced. It isn't mentioned anywhere on the WDW website.

Upvote 0

Smiley/OCD

IF you do the pre interview on the phone, you can pick 2 rides for each day. Once you’re in the parks, you can pick one, ride it, and then pick another…you can keep picking them one at a time. That’s the way it has been since before the pandemic.

Upvote 0

Hcalvert

Could I please clarify whether this is a new rule?

I will be visiting for a 10 day stay within the next 30 days and just tried to make my DAS selections. I was told that you can now only make 7 days of selections and the rest must be made after your first park visit.

I have used the DAS system multiple times in the past and have never faced this.

Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks :)
Hi. I was told the same thing. I went back to chat after a week and booked the rest. I have a 13 day stay starting in a week.

Upvote 0

nicb88

Original Poster
IF you do the pre interview on the phone, you can pick 2 rides for each day. Once you’re in the parks, you can pick one, ride it, and then pick another…you can keep picking them one at a time. That’s the way it has been since before the pandemic.
That’s how it has been for me previously. They’re now saying you can only pick the first 7 days of a stay in the pre interview, the rest of the advance choices to be done after your first day in a park. This seems to be a new thing.

Upvote 0

Smiley/OCD

That’s how it has been for me previously. They’re now saying you can only pick the first 7 days of a stay in the pre interview, the rest of the advance choices to be done after your first day in a park. This seems to be a new thing.
Ok, we’ve (unfortunately) never had the luxury of staying more than 7 days since our honeymoon…longer than a 7 day stay I don’t have an answer…sorry

Upvote 0

nicb88

Original Poster
Ok, we’ve (unfortunately) never had the luxury of staying more than 7 days since our honeymoon…longer than a 7 day stay I don’t have an answer…sorry
Ahh not to worry :) thank you for your input! I stay a while when I visit as I’m coming from the UK.

The 7 days is just a new thing I hadn’t heard of and there’s no mention of it in the website guidance.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
So it seems from what @Hcalvert said that maybe this kinda works on a rolling basis.

Try calling back in a week or so and see if you can book the remaining days.

Upvote 0

nicb88

Original Poster
So it seems from what @Hcalvert said that maybe this kinda works on a rolling basis.

Try calling back in a week or so and see if you can book the remaining days.
It’s strange cause the website explicitly states the days have to be within 30 days, which all of mine are. But that’s clearly not the rule they’re going by. The story changes with each cast member.

I went back yesterday and it was that you can book a total of 7 days, then the rest after your first day in the parks. It doesn’t make much sense.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom