Old / Possibly Rare WDW Park Maps

Chip_Wrangler

Original Poster
Hello! New to the forums, and looking for some insight / direction. I recently re-found a slew of park / hotel maps ranging from 1988-2005. Is there a market for these? I found and saved them years ago, but had long since forgotten about them. Looking to get them onto a new home where they might be more appreciated. Looking to possibly sell if there is a market for them. Thanks in advance!!

Last edited:

StarshipDisney

I don't know, but I have an original 1976 bicentennial WDW park brochure in excellent condition that has been kept in a plastic bag for over 45 years. But I doubt it is worth much if anything. I just enjoy looking at it from time to time.

Or am I wrong and maybe it is worth something?

StarshipDisney

but I would hope you’d consider scanning them for archival purposes.

How would I do that? Are you talking about making a PDF of every page? It is a small brochure.

It is neat though. It is from back when only the Magic Kingdom, Contemporary, and Poly existed. As mentioned, I do enjoy looking at it from time to time. I also have a 1977 WDW brochure. That one was handy so I did a PDF of the cover.

Attachments

• CCF_000006.pdf
    551.9 KB · Views: 141

bennyw01

How many do you have? there isn't a huge market for them, I tend to pick them up for <$1/£1 on the older ones still. But I do have a nice collection of them, I like to track difference over the years and I was also born in 1988, so thats my sweet spot of the good old days.

Gringrinngghost

How would I do that? Are you talking about making a PDF of every page? It is a small brochure.
Scan them in PNG and them make them PDF.

Ive been meaning to do all of this with my collection to be honest, and if need be, I would be more than happy to scan them to release for archival purposes.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
I want for my office one of the maps that used to hang on the walls of the hotel rooms at the Contemporary and Polynesian when they first opened in 1971, but the few times I've seen them come up for sale they are way to expensive for me to justify the cost.

S.I.R. the Robot

In the Parks
No
I'd like to see how the Snow White's Adventures ride is described on the maps. Later maps added "Pretend you're Snow White" to the description, since people didn't get the idea of the ride. The Seven Dwarfs don't appear in the ride aside from the staircase scene. The ride was more about the witch. (I have to say, if I rode it, when it gets to the part where she offers us the apple, then I'd be like "EAT IT YOURSELF, RAISIN BRAN!!")

Laura

Premium Member
I'd like to see how the Snow White's Adventures ride is described on the maps. Later maps added "Pretend you're Snow White" to the description, since people didn't get the idea of the ride. The Seven Dwarfs don't appear in the ride aside from the staircase scene. The ride was more about the witch. (I have to say, if I rode it, when it gets to the part where she offers us the apple, then I'd be like "EAT IT YOURSELF, RAISIN BRAN!!")

Here’s how it was described in one of my 30 year old maps.

IMG_2327.jpeg

IMG_2328.jpeg

S.I.R. the Robot

In the Parks
No
Awesome map! Definitely when MK was at its best.
I prefer the late '90s/early '00s MK with Alien Encounter, Buzz, Timekeeper, the Tomorrowland Arcade, Snow White's Scary Adventures, the Skyways, Mickey's Toontown Fair, the Tiki Room Under New Management (as much as some would like to forget), Cinderellabration, and the boats.

EricsBiscuit

I prefer the late '90s/early '00s MK with Alien Encounter, Buzz, Timekeeper, the Tomorrowland Arcade, Snow White's Scary Adventures, the Skyways, Mickey's Toontown Fair, the Tiki Room Under New Management (as much as some would like to forget), Cinderellabration, and the boats.
But no 20k after ‘94. Those are all good ones though

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom