News Walt Disney World Annual Passholders will receive increases to discounts during summer 2023

Vegas Disney Fan

Speaking strictly for myself (and on the other coast), my merchandise budget dropped significantly when the food costs went up (and portions shrank) at the parks. So yes, they're still getting my money but as a result it makes me less inclined to splurge on stuff, not more. And once you get people out of the habit of buying, it's hard to pull them back in. Food I need. Another Loungefly or Spirit Jersey, not so much. Once you learn to say no, it gets easier to continue.

That said, I still shop because I'm a sucker lol but I've narrowed what I'm willing to shop for.
Retail is the area that we’ve cut back on the most, we used to leave every vacation with bags of merch, now it’s an item or two each.

$25 for pajama bottoms was pricey but reasonable enough I accumulated a drawer full of them, $40 now is crazy. My Gf probably has 50 pairs of ears but I can’t remember the last time she bought new ones (maybe 2020), at $20 she collected them, at $35 she looks at them and puts them back. T-shirts at $50… insanity. We can afford the prices but we cant justify paying them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom