Trip Report Fun With Friends & Family!! Vol. 2

As I'm attempting to organize my photos(they're still playing Pulp Fiction tricks on me & for the life of me I can't figure out how to get them back in order) I'm realizing that with the sheer amount of people in this TR it could get awfully confusing. My apologies, in advance. Fortunately though, out of the 18 participants in this TR there are only 6 that you've never met so hopefully it won't be too bad!!🤞🤞🤞

Along with the participants there are a few other confusing factors in this TR. Dates, resorts & flights, naturally!!
As I said to someone the other day while doing a presentation, "I live this therefore it's like second nature to me but I can see where it could be confusing to someone else"(not referring to this trip-I was doing something for work.) I told them that at anytime if it got to be too much of a whirlwind to please stop me & have me clarify things. I invite you to do the same!!

If I haven't scared you away at this point I want to say welcome to you all & hope you enjoy following along!!

WHEN:
In regards to my family:
For me: Tuesday, January 17th(started out as the 19th) - Tuesday, January 24th(was supposed to be the 23rd)
E, J & R: Thursday, January 19th(late) - Tuesday, January 24th(was supposed to be the 23rd)
C, D, A & E: Thursday, January 19th(late) - Sunday, January 22nd
D, S, K & K: Thursday, January 19th(early) - Monday, January 23rd

WHERE:
E, J, R & myself were booked at SSR. I was in charge of booking the room. A few weeks before we left I happened to notice that instead of booking a 1 bedroom villa I somehow only booked a regular room!!🤦‍♀️o_O Thank goodness I noticed it ahead of time but the bad news was that there were no more 1(or 2) bedroom villas available.
IMG_7207.JPEG

With my tail between my legs I ended up getting us 2 rooms at POR!! It could be worse, right??;)
IMG_7485.JPEG

C, D, E & A were staying at SSR while D, S, K & K were at Pop Century!!

WHO:
These awesome friends!! Do they really need an introduction??
IMG_8543.JPEG

Then there's these friends!! Who I happened to run into by accident!! Remember my friend, A, that passed in December 2021? I had been going down once a month to see her & would stay at Disney since it was so close to her house. Here's her daughter & husband!! It was so great to see them & spend some time with them!! And it was so strange how I ended up running into them. One of those, IMO, "things that happen for a reason." I'll get into that later!!
IMG_7318.JPEG

We had a surprise, awesome end to our trip by being able to hang out with @Darstarr & Ant!! I was excited for them to be able to meet some of our crew(including Spillsie!!🤣-right @Darstarr!!)
IMG_8618.JPEG

Here's where it's going to get really confusing--the family!! But, you know all of us but 4 so hopefully this won't be too painful!!
Here we go:
D(my youngest sibling, has only been to Disney once as a child & once as an adult, swore up & down he would never go there again, can't stand it there-I'm sure you get my drift. Then he meets his girlfriend & she wants to take her kids to Disney for the first time. Now, here he is!!)
Myself, niece E, nephew J
D's girlfriend S & her son & daughter, K & K(more confusion!!)
Mickey's not part of the family but in a special way he is!!
Sisters C & E(remember last TR when I said it made them sound like nuns!!), BIL D(my sister C's husband & R's cousin-more confusion), niece A & last but not least, R!!
IMG_5901.JPEG

Ok, now here we go!!

Here I was, traveling solo. Originally, I was supposed to fly down Thursday evening with E, J, R, C, D, E & A. But, in talking with a special friend of mine I found out that she was going to be there on Thursday so I changed my plans & flew down Tuesday evening after I got done working so we could spend some time together!!
IMG_7034.JPEG

I went to Primanti's & got a turkey, bacon club sandwich.
IMG_7036.JPEG

Time to leave gloomy Pittsburgh behind!!
IMG_7038.JPEG

Right before I put my phone into airplane mode I found out my room number!!
BTW-the reason it only says 1 guest is b/c initially when I decided to add 2 extra nights on my trip I didn't want to pay for a 1BR at Saratoga just for myself so I decided I would stay at POR for those 2 nights then take the boat down(with my luggage) on checkout morning then finish out the trip at Saratoga. The good news is once the whole stay was switched to POR I didn't have to change rooms after the first 2 nights!!
IMG_7039.PNG

riverside

Original Poster
Season 2 Episode 24 GIF by Friends

But I’m here anyway. 😉🤣😘
And you personally know quite a few of the people!! 🤣
Holy lots of people Batman!!!
That's what I said!!
Confused Dogs GIF by MOODMAN

This sounds amazing but chaotic.
We're chaotic to begin with!!🤣
Maybe I'll just look at the photos...
That's one way to keep this all straight!!:hilarious:
Well, as the expression goes, "The more, the merrier!" :joyfull: (This should be an interesting TR! ;) )
That's one way to put it!! It was fun though & very interesting!!
Sounds great so far!!
High School GIF
Hope it hasn't been too confusing yet!!
I'm here and looking forward to seeing more!
Yay!! Welcome to the conundrum!!
A Lot Reaction GIF by Married At First Sight

Nonetheless, I'm in!
Yay!! I'll try to simplify this as much as possible!!

riverside

Original Poster
TUESDAY, JANUARY 17TH

For a Spirit flight this one was actually pleasant. I had the whole row to myself!!
IMG_7040.JPEG

Since there is no free TV with them I made sure to download some episodes from my favorite podcast to help pass the time!! If anyone has any interest in true crime, catfishing, gaslighting stories check this out. You won't be disappointed!!
IMG_7041.PNG

I thought this looked absolutely beautiful!!
IMG_7042.JPEG

IMG_7043.JPEG

In no time at all I was getting ready to board The Sunshine Flyer. I only had a carryon so I didn't have to wait for luggage. I must say though, fitting in enough clothes for almost a week was not an easy feat!!
IMG_7046.JPEG

IMG_7048.JPEG

I arrived home around 9:00!!
IMG_7049.JPEG

I just love being back at POR!!
IMG_7051.JPEG

I needed to stop at the front desk to see if I was going to have to switch rooms since I had 2 reservations. I was told I wouldn't have to & I was on my merry way!!
IMG_7052.JPEG

Beautiful!!
IMG_7053.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
TUESDAY, JANUARY 17TH

I know I've posted many POR room pics in the past but here they are again. In all fairness, it had been a year since I stayed there!!
IMG_7063.JPEG

Yes, I'm still in my work attire.
IMG_7064.JPEG

Love the amount of space in the bathroom!!
IMG_7065.JPEG

IMG_7066.JPEG

My favs!!
IMG_7067.JPEG

On a side note, here's a funny story. Over the years(when the shampoo/conditioner were in these type of containers if I used some of one I would take the rest home b/c I like them so much. I'm still bummed that you can't purchase them anymore. Anyhow, every now & then I grab them out of my toiletry bin & use them when I want a little "Disney pick me up." A week or so ago I grabbed what I thought was a shampoo & conditioner that I used for a few days. The next time I went to use them I happened to look a little closer. I was using the shampoo alright but I was using body lotion as the conditioner!!🤦‍♀️:banghead:
IMG_7068.JPEG

IMG_7069.JPEG

IMG_7070.JPEG

After getting settled in I headed down to The River Roost to get something to eat.
IMG_7072.JPEG

Fortunately, I got there right before 10(that's when they stop serving food) & ordered the spinach & artichoke dip. The dip itself is great but I'm not a fan of the cornbread crostini. I ordered it again last month & asked if I could substitute something else & Patrick gave me pita chips. It was much better!!
IMG_7073.JPEG

After that I headed back & went to bed. I was exhausted!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom