News Disney Dining Plan Returns in 2024

ToTBellHop

You also cannot discount the value of being able to write “Tables in Wonderland Member” under “Professional Affiliations” on your résumé. I’m confident I only beat out a competitor for my current job because I mentioned that I’m an Annual Passholder on my C.V.

Anything to stand above the crowd.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Last time it was available, I calculated I'd have to spend over $700 in food for the discount to be worth it (since the buy-in was steep).

You'd have have a large group or be heavy drinkers or have one dinner at V&A for it to be worthwhile.

And I'm very sure if it came back, the break even point would be much higher.

DomVF07

You have to keep in mind that the moms panel is less informed than this forum in many cases and certainly isn't given inside info
Oh absolutely. To say to take with a grain of salt with that posting from them is an understatement. Was just more interesting as it’s a recent posting on the matter. Here’s “wishing” 🤣

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think there’s very little chance they ever bring tables back…

It’s from a “previous era”…which of course was horrific and nobody liked anything 1985-2005 🙄

Not only that…it rewards loyalty and we know all of us that spent $500K or more (not really joking) on wdw are just a bunch offreeloaders

But all that aside…it also is not prepaid up front and has no “definitive” cap on benefit.

That’s what they want: full payment up front and the Computer to tell them the maximum “loss” in advance.

…some probably think I’m kidding about this, huh? 🤡

MR.Dis

It was 20% but it included an automatic 18% gratuity. It also included free valet parking with receipt when dining at a resort table service restaurant. I really miss it.
The problem I had with TIW was the guaranteed Gratuity. Once a server knows they are guaranteed, service drops. I had a dinner at a Disney restaurant where once the server was informed that they were going to get 18%, they served our drinks and literally we did not see them again until we were given the bill. Two day later, at a different restaurant, same thing happened. Human nature is what it is. So I want to be in control of what a server EARNS, not is entitled to.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The problem I had with TIW was the guaranteed Gratuity. Once a server knows they are guaranteed, service drops. I had a dinner at a Disney restaurant where once the server was informed that they were going to get 18%, they served our drinks and literally we did not see them again until we were given the bill. Two day later, at a different restaurant, same thing happened. Human nature is what it is. So I want to be in control of what a server EARNS, not is entitled to.
You get bad waiters all over the place…gratuity doesn’t affect that much.

I look at it this way: do I want to pay the full $45 for a breakfast buffet? Or roll in the tip for Someone who doesn’t have a 187 foot yacht to clear my dirty dishes?

cranbiz

You should have asked to speak to a manager. I had that issue when I was a CM and dining with my family at Cape May. Server found out I was a CM and she was getting an automatic 18%. All I got was an earful on how much more money bus drivers got, she ignored us all night, drinks only got refilled when I stopped another server and asked if she could help and used plates were stacked up on the table the entire meal. It was not a good experience. We got up to leave and I got a manager, explained what happened and he could see the stack of dirty plates still on the table. I asked for him to remove the gratuity as we got no service for it and he agreed AND comped one meal for our troubles.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You should have asked to speak to a manager. I had that issue when I was a CM and dining with my family at Cape May. Server found out I was a CM and she was getting an automatic 18%. All I got was an earful on how much more money bus drivers got, she ignored us all night, drinks only got refilled when I stopped another server and asked if she could help and used plates were stacked up on the table the entire meal. It was not a good experience. We got up to leave and I got a manager, explained what happened and he could see the stack of dirty plates still on the table. I asked for him to remove the gratuity as we got no service for it and he agreed AND comped one meal for our troubles.
…I’m really sorry to hear…

…that you suffered cape may 🤮

DomVF07

If memory serves correct you didn’t have to tell them in advance either you had the TIW card, though servers genuinely appreciated the heads up in advance. Unlike with the DDP, which typically was a separate menu offering or servers needed to know per location etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom