News The Boneyard closing for refurbishment at Disney's Animal Kingdom

doctornick

Which is why that’s exactly what they should keep as Dinosaur Alley. Very easy to isolate from a potential Oceania as well.

Exactly. I have no qualms with Dinorama finally going away and retheming that area + Nemo to Oceania (especially if it included some new live animal enclosures as has been mentioned).

But keep the rest of Dinoland USA as is with the current theme. If anything, I'd love to see them add another in theme dinosaur attraction, like something "run" by the Dino Institute where you can meet injured dinosaurs they brought to the present time and helped medically.

MrPromey

Added playground areas are nice, but not at the expense of having real attractions that everyone can enjoy... Maybe they could start adding more micro play areas around all the parks...So that they are not taking up a huge chunk of prime property... That would be fine, but when there are concerns there is no room to expand, take the huge playground...
But I feel like Boneyard occupies the space you'd need for most of the queue for an attraction like you mentioned - not a space large enough for the actual attraction. Also, it's placement would be awful for trying to hide a giant attraction building the way it overlaps the entrance to that area of the park.

If Disney were to get rid of that, I don't think it would be getting replaced with anything you'd actually want so I'm going to suggest that, like the Swiss Famly Treehouse in the MK for most people, you enjoy the theme and place-making it helps offer to the area since it was designed to fit with original Dinoland and not the Chester & Hester debacle and would likely be replaced with retail or a Chster & Hester/Aladdin level of attraction.

Last edited:

WorldExplorer

Boneyard closing...
emperors-new-groove-disneyscreencaps.com-7522.jpg

...for refurbishment.

emperors-new-groove-disneyscreencaps.com-7528.jpg

(Praying I don't regret this joke.)

cjkeating

On a related note (which I am sure means nothing because rides have been refurbed or updated before being closed shortly afterwards) but with the exception of one animatronic that was broken (the dino eating the other dino) Dinosaur was in great show condition this week.

AKL2003

Exactly. I have no qualms with Dinorama finally going away and retheming that area + Nemo to Oceania (especially if it included some new live animal enclosures as has been mentioned).

But keep the rest of Dinoland USA as is with the current theme. If anything, I'd love to see them add another in theme dinosaur attraction, like something "run" by the Dino Institute where you can meet injured dinosaurs they brought to the present time and helped medically.
Totally agree…I think this is the best we can hope for…

SpectreJordan

Makes me nervous that it will not reopen (I know the article says it will come back, but...). I hope this isn't the first step in Dinoland USA becoming Zootopia. It actually bodes well for that not happening if they are willing to spend money to refurb but sometimes one hand doesn't talk to the other at Disney.

I'm still hoping for just replacing Dinorama with Moana and then leaving the rest of Dinoland intact. And expanding Pandora or elsewhere to continue to help capacity at DAK.
That's the best outcome. An Oceania area could be really cool for DAK, but Dinosaurs still need some presence in the park. Keep the playground, restaurant & ride; maybe remake the ride with a new Dinosaur themed ride though.
Hopefully not Zootopia anyway... With the two rollercoaster spots now vacant that whole area seems like a mistake...The Boneyard does take up a pretty large piece of real estate that could be better utilized for an attraction all ages could enjoy... I am all for something like The Boneyard, but when the parks need attractions, I would be willing to let this go... a decent Pacific Rim section with Flora and Fauna and a Moana ride and tie-in....Mystic Point....Heck even Indiana Jones would be better...
I think it's great that kids have an area like this. Especially already has a couple rides that they can't really do like Everest & Flights of Passage.
Oceania should take over a different expansion plot, no need to eat into already existing space. Personally I think a family coaster like the originally planned Excavator and maybe a few smaller attractions would be fantastic in the Dinorama spot and would flesh out the badlands and dig site theming.
Dinorama needs to go one way or another. I'd prefer if it was to expand the dinosaur presence in the park, but giving island themed animals a spotlight is a good idea too.

FettFan

I don't know that I've ever heard an explanation of what this would have been. Why would there be a roller coaster in a dig-site?

Left over from the site's days as a gravel pit was a major piece of machinery: The Excavator. This ore car circuit was to form the basis for a huge, heavily-themed, mine cart-style roller coaster that would be one of Disney's Animal Kingdom's headline thrill rides. The storyline would be that the college students had once again restarted the Excavator, using it to transport dinosaur fossils.

Source: https://www.themeparktourist.com/fe...built-disney-excavator-disneys-animal-kingdom

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom