News The Boneyard closing for refurbishment at Disney's Animal Kingdom

doctornick

Makes me nervous that it will not reopen (I know the article says it will come back, but...). I hope this isn't the first step in Dinoland USA becoming Zootopia. It actually bodes well for that not happening if they are willing to spend money to refurb but sometimes one hand doesn't talk to the other at Disney.

I'm still hoping for just replacing Dinorama with Moana and then leaving the rest of Dinoland intact. And expanding Pandora or elsewhere to continue to help capacity at DAK.

Ayla

Makes me nervous that it will not reopen (I know the article says it will come back, but...). I hope this isn't the first step in Dinoland USA becoming Zootopia. It actually bodes well for that not happening if they are willing to spend money to refurb but sometimes one hand doesn't talk to the other at Disney.

I'm still hoping for just replacing Dinorama with Moana and then leaving the rest of Dinoland intact. And expanding Pandora or elsewhere to continue to help capacity at DAK.
I agree with you, I don't think it will be coming back.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
My guess it will be a refurb that results in a generic themed area that could quickly be changed to a different IP with the changing of a sign.

James Alucobond

It actually bodes well for that not happening if they are willing to spend money to refurb but sometimes one hand doesn't talk to the other at Disney.
I doubt the refurbishment calendars are tied to anything else. This is most likely just normal and not a positive or negative indicator.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Hours have been updated on the Walt Disney World website that currently reflect the refurbishment through June 12, with hours returning June 13.

Screen Shot 2023-04-25 at 12.43.09 PM.png

Bocabear

Hopefully not Zootopia anyway... With the two rollercoaster spots now vacant that whole area seems like a mistake...The Boneyard does take up a pretty large piece of real estate that could be better utilized for an attraction all ages could enjoy... I am all for something like The Boneyard, but when the parks need attractions, I would be willing to let this go... a decent Pacific Rim section with Flora and Fauna and a Moana ride and tie-in....Mystic Point....Heck even Indiana Jones would be better...

James Alucobond

The Boneyard does take up a pretty large piece of real estate that could be better utilized for an attraction all ages could enjoy... I am all for something like The Boneyard, but when the parks need attractions, I would be willing to let this go...
Ehhh, I mean, I get that it's not for all ages, but kids literally spend hours here and love it. I honestly think other parks could benefit from a similarly detailed playground for some parental R&R. Toy Story Land, for instance, would be ideal for this to utilize some of the awkward vacant space while simultaneously adding more props to see from Slinky Dog Dash.

Bocabear

Added playground areas are nice, but not at the expense of having real attractions that everyone can enjoy... Maybe they could start adding more micro play areas around all the parks...So that they are not taking up a huge chunk of prime property... That would be fine, but when there are concerns there is no room to expand, take the huge playground...

999th Happy Haunt

Which is why thatโ€™s exactly what they should keep as Dinosaur Alley. Very easy to isolate from a potential Oceania as well.
Oceania should take over a different expansion plot, no need to eat into already existing space. Personally I think a family coaster like the originally planned Excavator and maybe a few smaller attractions would be fantastic in the Dinorama spot and would flesh out the badlands and dig site theming.

Bocabear

I guess I think of the Finding Nemo Theater and the waterfront location as a way of justifying an Oceana expansion in that location...It would be hard to convey an island setting in a completely landlocked location...
Not that they are going to spend any money on anything for a long lone while, but they could always flip it completely and do a whole new Dinosaur based area on a land-locked pad and convert the existing footprint to Oceana...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom