News All new design coming to Walt Disney World Cast Member nametags in May

Epcot82Guy

I don't really like the stars, since it's kinda too light to see what they are. I fear it will make them look dirty from afar. But that's personal design choice.

Brian

I don't really like the stars, since it's kinda too light to see what they are. I fear it will make them look dirty from afar. But that's personal design choice.
I also don't like the stars because they look retro. It looks like you could remove everything except the star background, square the name tag off on all sides, and put "50's Primetime Cafe" or "Disney's Pop Century Resort" and it would look just like a miniature sign.

allgiggles

It’s nice, just not what I was expecting when we heard “all new design”. For some reason I expected a new shape or something else more drastic. Probably just my misunderstanding.

I felt the same way. In fact, I wouldn't have noticed any differences from the current ones (except maybe the background design) if they weren't pointed out. Clearly I don't pay attention to the details of the CM nametags. :D

Comped

It would be cool if a cast members shared a pic of the different name tags through the years.
I've met a few who have very good collections - and who made sure to get every variant they could to add to them. I'm sure there's collectors out there who have a whole bunch if CMs don't.

I did talk to a Guest Experience team CM this morning who said he was still waiting to get his new 100th anniversary nametag, and had no idea when it would get to him except "soon".

Casper Gutman

They don’t really pop, do they…

Like so much at WDW, these feel like someone outsmarted themselves. Between these, the decor for the 50th and 100th, the road signs, a lot of the hotel redos, etc, it really feels like Disney has forgotten how color works.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom