Disneyland Fantasmic Dragon Engulfed in Flames

D.Silentu

This time I'm afraid you caught me fair and square, I was just making a course correction. Air quotes would have been appropriate for all the 'excitement' Pixar Fest has generated. Next time!

Does anyone know how the dragon caught fire? I suspect the fire mechanism they used in the dragon animatronic malfunctioned during that nights performance before the show even began, and when it was time for it to show up, the fire sprayed like normal, but after it was done being used, it caught the animatronic, which had some hydraulic fluid pour down it before the fire mechanism broke and burst into flames at the best time when Mickey says “This is my dream!” Hopefully the rumors of a new dragon animatronic that will premiere AFTER fantasmic return is true! I say we call it Mounty.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Does anyone know how the dragon caught fire? I suspect the fire mechanism they used in the dragon animatronic malfunctioned during that nights performance before the show even began, and when it was time for it to show up, the fire sprayed like normal, but after it was done being used, it caught the animatronic, which had some hydraulic fluid pour down it before the fire mechanism broke and burst into flames at the best time when Mickey says “This is my dream!” Hopefully the rumors of a new dragon animatronic that will premiere AFTER fantasmic return is true! I say we call it Mounty.
If they are building a new animatronic for Disneyland after you know this, hopefully they're building two and giving one to Hollywood studios as well. I can only hope although I doubt it.

Another thing that the Fire could have been way worse. Murphy could have gotten so ignited the Tom Saywer Island could have gotten burned. The fire could have spread to the water if that’s realistic, and could have even touched the park boundaries. It could have even burned the whole park. Heck, even the whole resort. (But to be fair, it just would have been Tom Saywer Island)

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Another thing that the Fire could have been way worse. Murphy could have gotten so ignited the Tom Saywer Island could have gotten burned. The fire could have spread to the water if that’s realistic, and could have even touched the park boundaries. It could have even burned the whole park. Heck, even the whole resort. (But to be fair, it just would have been Tom Saywer Island)
Well the water was already on fire so I don't think that was the problem.

Squishy

It could've burnt all of California to a crisp.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Fantasmic! dining package details have been released and reservations are now open. Disney says additional dining packages will be announced at a future date.

Details:

Feast and Fantasmic!

At lunch or dinner, treat yourself to a Premium Dining Package at Blue Bayou Restaurant. You’ll enjoy a 5-course culinary adventure with Louisiana-inspired cuisine. After your meal, delight in prime viewing of the magical splendor of Fantasmic! at a separate location.

Participating Restaurant

Blue Bayou Restaurant – Premium Package

Enjoy a 5-course lunch or dinner and receive a voucher admitting you to a separate reserved viewing location for your choice of one of the 2 Fantasmic! performances that evening.

For lunch and dinner, you can choose from a variety of delectable offerings, including:
  • Surf and Turf
  • Oscar-style Filet Mignon
  • Blackened Ribeye and Bourbon Shrimp
  • Gumbo
  • Heirloom Tomato and Watermelon Salad
  • Strawberry and Pistachio Salad
And for dessert, enjoy a Fantasmic!-inspired chocolate decadence tart!

Guests will receive a souvenir item for nonalcoholic beverages

A wine pairing option is available for an additional charge.

To book:
  • Select “Check Availability” on this page to reserve this dining package.
Availability is limited.

Package Pricing
  • Lunch: $89 per Guest (ages 10+); $35 per Guest (ages 3-9), tax and gratuity not included.
  • Dinner: $89 per Guest (ages 10+); $35 per Guest (ages 3-9), tax and gratuity not included.
There is a $10 upcharge for Guests ordering the Oscar-style Filet Mignon or Blackened Ribeye and Bourbon Shrimp.
Times
  • Starting at 11:00 AM for lunch and 4:00 PM for dinner.

Purduevian

Fantasmic! dining package details have been released and reservations are now open. Disney says additional dining packages will be announced at a future date.

Details:

Feast and Fantasmic!

At lunch or dinner, treat yourself to a Premium Dining Package at Blue Bayou Restaurant. You’ll enjoy a 5-course culinary adventure with Louisiana-inspired cuisine. After your meal, delight in prime viewing of the magical splendor of Fantasmic! at a separate location.

Participating Restaurant

Enjoy a 5-course lunch or dinner and receive a voucher admitting you to a separate reserved viewing location for your choice of one of the 2 Fantasmic! performances that evening.

For lunch and dinner, you can choose from a variety of delectable offerings, including:
  • Surf and Turf
  • Gumbo

To book:
Availability is limited.

Package Pricing
  • Lunch: $89 per Guest (ages 10+); $35 per Guest (ages 3-9), tax and gratuity not included.
  • Dinner: $89 per Guest (ages 10+); $35 per Guest (ages 3-9), tax and gratuity not included.
There is a $10 upcharge for Guests ordering the Oscar-style Filet Mignon or Blackened Ribeye and Bourbon Shrimp.
Times
I'm assuming 5 course is bread, soup, salad, entree desert (I know not all of this is listed as a choice)
Ala Cart pricing
  • Bread= Included
  • Soup= Chicken Gump ($9)
  • Salad= Heirloom Tomato & Watermelon Salad ($15)
  • Entree= Oscar-style Filet Mignon ($58)
  • Dessert=Crème Brûlée Tart ($12)
  • Total= $94
So the seating is only costing an extra $5?

Touchdown

I'm assuming 5 course is bread, soup, salad, entree desert (I know not all of this is listed as a choice)
Ala Cart pricing
  • Bread= Included
  • Total= $94
$15, the fillet has a $10 upcharge.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Crap! I was in meetings all morning. I saw my phone alert me that regular Blue Bayou reservations started opening up. Probably from people cancelling those for the Dinner Package. They were all terrible times though. Not going to wait until 3:30 to eat lunch or 8:30 to eat dinner.

Disney Analyst

Details:

Feast and Fantasmic!

Participating Restaurant

• Surf and Turf
  • Gumbo

To book:
Availability is limited.

Package Pricing
Times

Hoping Hungry Bears option comes back, I'd swing for that for our June trip, but not $89.

ProjectXBlog

Considering how cramped things will be for general viewing with all of the walls up in NOS/Critter Country, I’m curious how all of this shakes out. I plan on being there opening night but I wouldn’t recommend spending money on any dining package until the early show kinks are worked out.

TP2000

Ala Cart pricing
  • Bread= Included
  • Total= $94

I also am confused on how they equate "5 courses" to anything offered at Disneyland aside from 22 Royal Street (do they even still do that after Covid?)

To get 5 courses at Blue Bayou, you would need to include the dinner rolls as a course, and include the vegetables served with your steak or seafood as a separate course. Even if they really are doing a separate soup course before the salad?

Regardless, some accompaniment like a roll or a serving of glazed carrots is being considered a separate "course" here. 🧐

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom