Replace a Song on Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind

Tiny Tim!

Original Poster
Which song would you replace and what would you replace it with?

I’d replace Conga with Dancing with Tears in my Eyes by Ultravox or The Sun Always Shines on TV by A-ha

FettFan

Replace Conga with Paranoid by Black Sabbath.

robert-downey-jr-ironman-black-sabbath.jpg

Mark Dunne

Disco inferno would be cool , yeah conga is the least of my favourite, everybody wants to rule the world is defo my favourite tune, give me all your loving ZZ top , ( prob wouldn’t use that, but it’s a great tune ) humankind by Coldplay ,

FettFan

What's with all the Conga hate? Dare say it's better than I Ran by Flock of Seagulls.

*prepare yourself for a long-winding rant about Lore and Continuity*

1. Peter Quill’s mixtapes are all songs from the 1960s-70s, that his mother would have listened to growing up (assuming that Meredith Quill was born c. 1960, and Peter in 1978-79, as he was approx. 9-10 when Yondu abducted him in 1988)

The entire point of the Walkman and the mixtapes was that they were Meredith’s favorite songs, and thus peter’s only remaining connection to his mother.

Neither Conga nor I Ran match anything that Peter and Meredith listened to together, since she was a fan of AM Gold radio.

2. Horrible flashbacks to Tiki Room Under New Management.

Club Cooloholic

Disco inferno would be cool , yeah conga is the least of my favourite, everybody wants to rule the world is defo my favourite tune, give me all your loving ZZ top , ( prob wouldn’t use that, but it’s a great tune ) humankind by Coldplay ,
Only rode it twice and got Everybody wants to rule the world both times, was pretty happy with it. I never liked Conga. Some songs make more sense, like Everybody and one way or another(kinda avoiding the being trying to rule the universe).
That said this would be a fun one...
A less obvious hit from the master...

TrainsOfDisney

We Are Here To Change The World or Another Part of Me from Captain EO will be tribute to Captain EO at EPCOT (1986-1994, 2010-2015) will be awesome to replace a song for Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind.
this gave me a great idea - when this IP gets dated (won’t take long) re-brand the entire attraction as “Epcot forever” - you go through exhibits of Epcot history, the pre-show is figment and dream finder leading you into a realm of imagination - the launch you hear Ellen And bill nye talking about the Big Bang…. When you pass by the globe you hear “and this your spaceship earth” and then the big screens are all references to horizons etc. as music from captain eo plays.

Now THAT would be a good attraction.

dreday3

Take off Conga and add Dancing Queen - ABBA.
Or let's go with Donna Summer and Heaven Knows. (would love MacArthur Park but it would take too long to get going)

Wrong decade but Space Age Love Song would have been a better choice than I Ran for Flock of Seagulls - at least melody wise.

:D

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom