News Join former Disney Imagineer and creator of Disney's Animal Kingdom Joe Rohde on an Adventures by Disney expedition to the Arctic

FutureCEO

Only $11 - $30K. Cheaper than the Disney around the world one. And for a bonus you get frostbite.

Last edited:

Smiley/OCD

Wait...

So they're bringing Joe back but only as an up-sell?

All I have to say is, there better be a damn cupcake waiting at the bottom of the planet when we get there!
He’ll be back…Virgin is not doing so well…he can’t be THAT creative with Branson…there’s only so much you can do with that capsule…

Rteetz

He’ll be back…Virgin is not doing so well…he can’t be THAT creative with Branson…there’s only so much you can do with that capsule…
It was more a consultant thing than anything if he’s even still there. He’s still often traveling on his own. I think he may be enjoying this “retirement.”

JoeCamel

Wait...

So they're bringing Joe back but only as an up-sell?

All I have to say is, there better be a damn cupcake waiting at the bottom of the planet when we get there!
Special earring oops I mean pin......
It was more a consultant thing than anything if he’s even still there. He’s still often traveling on his own. I think he may be enjoying this “retirement.”
Probably found some of his expense receipts that are disallowed so he does this as payback....

Smiley/OCD

True, but when you live and breathe creativity and you no longer have that outlet for that creativity, things sometimes go haywire…a creative person needs that outlet or they will go mad…I just don’t see Joe selling artwork at the Rose Bowl flea market to feed his creativity…

EPCOT-O.G.

Why does his shirt look like its having a stroke in that photo?
“His shirt” is a Dan Flashes exclusive. It likely costs the same amount as his entire per diem for this entire nine day cruise.

And remember, just like the Disney parks, if you’re in line at Dan Flashes when it closes - STAY IN LINE. You can still buy a complicated shirt.

Riviera Rita

Sadly more proof Disney sees itself as a premium provider rather than a family budget friendly company.
Still, they have the market out there, so what do you expect. Just go to a park on any given day and you'll see the $5k, plus the price of park ticket punters having a guided tour of the park because spontaneity is now a dirty word at Disney Towers.

Smiley/OCD

Some of y'all act like you've never heard of Adventures by Disney before. LOL That arm of the company has been around for 18 years.
It’s not like no one here has ever heard of it…if there’s one group of people that HAVE heard of it, it’s our group of super fans…it’s just that with our economy the way it is, rooms are getting discounted, they can’t put fannies in the Galactic Starcruiser, many don’t think now is the time to be touting a super expensive cruise (even if it IS with Joe…it’s not like he’s gonna be buying us a round for sitting with him). I would LOVE to “bend his ear” (the one without the earrings), lol about his trips to gather items for EE, I do think he would tire REALLY quickly on answering questions on why NRJ is so short, and why the Yeti doesn’t work, but I find him fascinating…I consider him one of the last of Disney’s best.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom