Trip insurance increase

Patcheslee

Original Poster
The last I saw, it went up to $95/person but all children up to age 17 were covered.
I've never seen that much until looking again today, we booked 2 adults and 1 14yo was $171 total for June when packages released last year. 2018 for 2019 vacation was $155.

NelleBelle

Trip insurance is a terrible product.
We use it for all our international and cruise travel. We were definitely glad we had it when we needed to cancel our trip to New Zealand for my best friend‘s wedding I was supposed to be in. I delivered my son early and a month out from our trip, neither of us were cleared to fly internationally. We had to file a claim for the entire trip.

SplashJacket

Trip insurance is a terrible product.
Literally have a friend who’s in the Florence airport as we speak because on their trip his mom got injured and now she’s having to fly back for emergency surgery. Stuff happens.

My grandmother got med-evaced from the Disney Dream without trip insurance. Everyone in our family has gotten it ever since for big trips, but I just got back from a trip to California that we didn’t insure since the insurance would’ve been such a high percentage of the total trip cost.

It’s like any insurance, you may not actually get any use out of it, but if you do, you’re very glad you have it.

And oftentimes booking non-refundable hotels, airfare, or cruises and then getting trip insurance ends up being cheaper than buying fully refundable rates with the added bonus of having the other components of your trip also covered.

Last edited:

JIMINYCR

Weve always added it in ( DW has medical issues so we never know) and thankfully weve never had to use it. But just having the peace of mind that if ever needed its there, makes it worth it. I look at it as vehicle or home insurance, Ive never had to claim anything on either in all my years, dont regret having them, and dont see the expense as being wasted. Yes, rates have risen and coverage can vary so seek out your best deal. Just tie it into your budgeting for the trip.

jaklgreen

The company that Disney uses for trip insurance is overpriced and under insured. Look to independent companies, like Allianz for your trip insurance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom