Annual Pass Question (Not about Availability)

Hcalvert

I thought that I would ask this here before contacting Disney and possibly getting inaccurate information.

Next week, my 14-year-old son is going to WDW with his school band. He is an annual passholder (Incredipass). We want to give him his physical AP card to use when he is buying merchandise so that he can receive the AP discount. Usually when an AP is used, the cashier asks to see proof of identity and/or proof of pass current validity using the app. My son doesn't have an ID and doesn't have his own personal Disney account due to being a minor. My son has only used his pass for free magnets as we usually take care of the merchandise and dining discounts. I really don't want to give him access to our Disney account since there are charging capabilities and other information we don't want him messing with. He will be using gift cards and dining cards that are provided to him to pay for merchandise and meals while he is touring with the band.

I thought maybe I could have him take a screenshot of his school ID as well as a screenshot of his pass validity dates and that would possibly suffice. Has anyone encountered a similar situation?

Last edited:

Gillyanne

What is the dates on the back of the card? I usually get a new card every year for this reason; I think as long as it's 22-23 or 23-24 they should accept it. I've only been asked to show it in the app once, but that's b/c the cashier didn't see the dates on the corner (so I just pointed it out).

Upvote 0

RememberWhen

What is the dates on the back of the card? I usually get a new card every year for this reason; I think as long as it's 22-23 or 23-24 they should accept it. I've only been asked to show it in the app once, but that's b/c the cashier didn't see the dates on the corner (so I just pointed it out).
That hasn’t been my experience. Almost everyone wanted to see the digital version. Which makes some sense. Mine says 22-23, but expired in February.

That being said, I’d expect the CMs to be understanding. Especially if your kiddo can respond reasonably if asked. “Sorry! I don’t have a digital copy. I usually travel with my parents, but I’m on a school trip this time.”
As long as they aren’t trying to get a discount for all of their friends I would assume they should be ok.

Upvote 0

Rob562

I was under the impression that children older than 13 could create their own MDE login account, but that may have changed. Give it a try and see if he can. (I suggest using an email he'll always have, like a Gmail, rather than a school email)

If he can, then go into your account and under his profile select the "invite to plan and share" and fill in his email. Once he accepts, the pass and any active MagicBands will transfer over to his account.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Raxel7851

We went to WDW a few weeks ago and presented our AP cards and never once were asked to bring out the digital copy on MDE. This included the World of Disney at Disney Springs. We did however have to show an ID card like our drivers license. Some Non Disney places saw my orange AP identifier attached to my MB and that was enough.

Upvote 0

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I thought that I would ask this here before contacting Disney and possibly getting inaccurate information.

Next week, my 14-year-old son is going to WDW with his school band. He is an annual passholder (Incredipass). We want to give him his physical AP card to use when he is buying merchandise so that he can receive the AP discount. Usually when an AP is used, the cashier asks to see proof of identity and/or proof of pass current validity using the app. My son doesn't have an ID and doesn't have his own personal Disney account due to being a minor. My son has only used his pass for free magnets as we usually take care of the merchandise and dining discounts. I really don't want to give him access to our Disney account since there are charging capabilities and other information we don't want him messing with. He will be using gift cards and dining cards that are provided to him to pay for merchandise and meals while he is touring with the band.

I thought maybe I could have him take a screenshot of his school ID as well as a screenshot of his pass validity dates and that would possibly suffice. Has anyone encountered a similar situation?
For the ID, doesnt he have a school ID? I think most schools do give picture IDs. My son used his (not at WDW) when he needed a picture ID before he got a DL.

and for the digital pass proof, you could at least give him a Magic Mobile pass if he has a smartphone. Although I do think he can get a peraonal Disney account since he’s over 12.

Upvote 0

Hcalvert

Original Poster
My son is Autistic and he is already reluctant to try to use his pass and being denied. I am just going to do what I said in my original post--take a pic of his school ID and his digital pass with the expiration date. If he has any problems with the discount, I will go to customer service to inquire why as we will be down there too, just not as chaperones. He will only be with the band for 4 days and the rest of the trip with us. We were just trying to give him some responsibility and independence in a structured manner.

Upvote 0

jaklgreen

As for the charging capabilities you mentioned, you can't charge something to your MDE account. You can only charge things if you are staying at the resort and put your CC down for that reason. So he won't be able to charge anything other than for mobile ordering. But you can remove that information.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom