Summer/Fall Disney VISA Cardmember Room Discount - 10%-35% Most Nights 5/14-6/24, 7/5-8/19, 8/27-9/7, 2023

Weather_Lady

FWIW, a new room discount offer came out today for Disney VISA cardholders. (I called to apply it to my existing reservation, and saved 25% on our upcoming 3-night stay at Yacht Club in August.) The "catch" is that you need to use your Disney VISA to pay the deposit, so if like me you're trying to use up Disney Gift Cards, you'll only be able to apply those to the balance later on.

Details and booking/modification link here: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/disney-visa-summer-2023-room-offer/

PSUDisney77

This is good info. Do these VISA discounts usually come out around 2 months or so before the promotional dates? Curious since we are going next April/May but will book this year when the 2024 pricing is released. Hoping to be able to apply a discount like this later.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

Original Poster
This is good info. Do these VISA discounts usually come out around 2 months or so before the promotional dates? Curious since we are going next April/May but will book this year when the 2024 pricing is released. Hoping to be able to apply a discount like this later.
This came out early: usually summer discounts don't get released until April or May. Perhaps a sign that bookings for summer and fall were weaker than expected...

Upvote 0

Boo Birds

So I just booked this and saved almost $200 off my previous booking at Art of Animation, which is awesome! My reservation on the MDE app now lists the room type (Finding Nemo Family Suites), my reservation number and then under details it says "SummerVisa Room Only"

My question (and concern) is if this limits the room that I can request because it is a special promo? I know requests aren't guaranteed, but I was hoping to try and request a view away from the pool overlooking the lake/skyliner. Does this special Disney Visa promo only give you the least desirable rooms because of the lower price?

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

Original Poster
So I just booked this and saved almost $200 off my previous booking at Art of Animation, which is awesome! My reservation on the MDE app now lists the room type (Finding Nemo Family Suites), my reservation number and then under details it says "SummerVisa Room Only"

My question (and concern) is if this limits the room that I can request because it is a special promo? I know requests aren't guaranteed, but I was hoping to try and request a view away from the pool overlooking the lake/skyliner. Does this special Disney Visa promo only give you the least desirable rooms because of the lower price?
It shouldn't make any difference to room assignments and requests (so long as they're within the category you booked, which is always the case. You can't book a standard view 2-queen room and ask to be assigned a water view king, etc....)

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

It has nothing to do with room location requests, as long as the room you are requesting falls under the category you booked (in this case Finding Nemo Suite).

The “SummerVisa Room Only” discount merely indicates tickets are not included in the promotion.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

Original Poster
Okay, that's what I was hoping. That just scared me that we would be limited to only a certain block of less desirable rooms. What a relief!
If there are desirable rooms they want to exclude (e.g., Poly bungalows), they exclude them from the promotion right at the outset. Once you've booked, you'll be treated the same as any other guest who booked that room category at your resort, regardless of what they paid for it. :)

Upvote 0

Boo Birds

If there are desirable rooms they want to exclude (e.g., Poly bungalows), they exclude them from the promotion right at the outset. Once you've booked, you'll be treated the same as any other guest who booked that room category at your resort, regardless of what they paid for it. :)
@Weather_Lady and @Tuvalu thank you so much for the help! I've been planning this first family trip for a year and just got the Disney Visa and saw the deal, so a lot of this is new to me. This is the 3rd time I've re-booked AofA for our dates - it keeps getting cheaper :). The 2nd half of our stay is at the Poly with DVC points, so at least that one is set in stone.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

Original Poster
@Weather_Lady and @Tuvalu This is the 3rd time I've re-booked AofA for our dates - it keeps getting cheaper :). The 2nd half of our stay is at the Poly with DVC points, so at least that one is set in stone.
Rebooking for discounts is a nice "problem" to have! We're doing a very similar thing in August (3 nights at Yacht Club, rebooked with the VISA discount after it came out, followed by 3 nights at Grand Floridian on rented DVC points). :)

Hope you have a marvelous time, and enjoy the Polynesian as much as we did. We stayed there in a studio as part of a split stay back around 2018, I think, and it's my all-time favorite resort.

Upvote 0

Boo Birds

Rebooking for discounts is a nice "problem" to have! We're doing a very similar thing in August (3 nights at Yacht Club, rebooked with the VISA discount after it came out, followed by 3 nights at Grand Floridian on rented DVC points). :)

Hope you have a marvelous time, and enjoy the Polynesian as much as we did. We stayed there in a studio as part of a split stay back around 2018, I think, and it's my all-time favorite resort.
Haha, yes, I agree completely. Thank you so much, you too! We are doing 5 nights at AofA and 5 at the Poly starting August 15. My 2 girls are 4 and 7, so I am really excited for this trip. I've been a bunch as a chaperone, but never with my family, so the Polynesian was always at the top of my list and I'm so happy that with DVC points we could make it work. I'm glad you enjoyed it so much...we are in a studio, too.

Yacht/Beach Club are also on my bucket list, but we figured it would be better when the girls are a little older.

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

Pretty bummed that this is available for pretty much all of August except for the dates I'll be there. I'm staying DVC so I don't need the discount, but it makes me think they're projecting higher crowds that I would have expected.

Upvote 0

Boo Birds

Pretty bummed that this is available for pretty much all of August except for the dates I'll be there. I'm staying DVC so I don't need the discount, but it makes me think they're projecting higher crowds that I would have expected.
We are staying through the 25th, so I hear you! We are staying DVC for that half of our trip, too, but I hope the crowds aren’t too bad during that week. Crowd calendars don’t seem to predict it being too bad. We’re going to MNSSHP that Tuesday.

Upvote 0

jpeden

In the Parks
No
We are going the last week of November and I’m really hoping they have an additional discount for Visa Cardholders or the general public during that time. I’m assuming I shouldn’t be looking for late fall/winter discounts until July-August?

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

Original Poster
We are going the last week of November and I’m really hoping they have an additional discount for Visa Cardholders or the general public during that time. I’m assuming I shouldn’t be looking for late fall/winter discounts until July-August?
This calendar of when discounts came out in past years might be helpful. Discounts for November and beyond have historically come out anywhere from July through September.

Upvote 1

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom