Ticket Question!

mandidel

Hello! I think I may have an idea of how to work this, but I wanted to ask and see if anyone knows for sure. My husband and I are coming the week of November 1st for a convention (for him) at the Gaylord Palms. I think I have him convinced to come in Saturday, October 28th and stay at Pop for four nights before we transfer to the Gaylord on the 1st. We will be going home on Saturday the 4th. My plan (seeking confirmation that this works) is to get park hoppers for the three days we will be staying at Pop, then extend my one ticket for the rest of the week that we are at the Gaylord Palms. He *should* be able to get convention tickets for the evenings (if they are offered). Is this how everyone would work this? I can extend just my one ticket since we have moved off-site, and it is no longer part of a package?

Apologies if this is asked and answered all the time, but I looked on the first few pages and did not see it.

Thanks!

nickys

Premium Member
Hello! I think I may have an idea of how to work this, but I wanted to ask and see if anyone knows for sure. My husband and I are coming the week of November 1st for a convention (for him) at the Gaylord Palms. I think I have him convinced to come in Saturday, October 28th and stay at Pop for four nights before we transfer to the Gaylord on the 1st. We will be going home on Saturday the 4th. My plan (seeking confirmation that this works) is to get park hoppers for the three days we will be staying at Pop, then extend my one ticket for the rest of the week that we are at the Gaylord Palms. He *should* be able to get convention tickets for the evenings (if they are offered). Is this how everyone would work this? I can extend just my one ticket since we have moved off-site, and it is no longer part of a package?

Apologies if this is asked and answered all the time, but I looked on the first few pages and did not see it.

Thanks!
I’m not sure if you can extend tickets that are part of a package beyond the end of the package stay. You would need to ask Disney that question.

However is there a reason you need to book a package in the first place? If you booked room-only and bought the tickets separately, you could each get tickets for as long as you needed, so yours could be for 7 days and his for 3 days, or however many days you decide to do parks for.

Upvote 0

Rob562

Make sure to calculate out all your options before committing to a ticket plan.

The price difference between a 3-day ticket and a 7-day ticket might be less than the price of whatever convention ticket he may be able to get for those extra days.

His convention may also offer access to discounted regular tickets, not just the evening tickets, which can typically be purchased for family accompanying the convention goer. I've gone to WDW under group rate tickets before and they easily beat the prices at the ticket resellers. (You might even get a water park visit thrown in free)

-Rob

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom