Disney Cruise Line reveals full details on its new Castaway Club 'Pearl' Membership Tier

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
I'm so excited I got T-Shirts made to celebrate!!!

1677180087325.png

SplashJacket

Honestly, free photos are a great perk.

What else are they supposed to give people? 10% off on a cruise? Another free premium meal? Onboard credit? A castaway cabana that would only be a benefit for an increasingly smaller number of cruises?

All those things would be good perks, but makes no sense to give a discount to people who already go continuously. More adult dining doesn’t help kids, and on shorter cruises it isn’t as useful. Cabanas are already in short supply.

But as we’ve found ourselves doing more cruises, we find ourselves getting less and less photos taken, and also purchasing them less often (been multiple cruises since we’ve bought a package).

Including the photo package let’s the Pearl cruisers who only get a few photos (like at the restaurants) or allows them to get a few extra character photos they normally wouldn’t get (since they go so often it isn’t novel).

With my 12 cruises, and probably won’t be Pearl for multiple decades (probably 3+ if ever), it’s not a terrible perk. Pearl should be less cruises, or ideally, a number of days spent at sea. But I digress.

I believe I’ve done 82 days at sea.

25 3-days are 75 days at sea or $75,000 for 4 people at the cheapest available atm.

25 7-days are 175 days.

25 13-days are 325 days at sea.

No one goes on cruises to rack up rewards, though. They go on cruises because they enjoy them, and then they get perks.

It should definitely be less for Pearl, though. I get they want 25 for the 25th anniversary, but still.

Last edited:

Jambo Dad

Honestly, free photos are a great perk.

What else are they supposed to give people? 10% off on a cruise? Another free premium meal? Onboard credit? A castaway cabana that would only be a benefit for an increasingly smaller number of cruises?

All those things would be good perks, but makes no sense to give a discount to people who already go continuously. More adult dining doesn’t help kids, and on shorter cruises it isn’t as useful. Cabanas are already in short supply.

But as we’ve found ourselves doing more cruises, we find ourselves getting less and less photos taken, and also purchasing them less often (been multiple cruises since we’ve bought a package).

Including the photo package let’s the Pearl cruisers who only get a few photos (like at the restaurants) or allows them to get a few extra character photos they normally wouldn’t get (since they go so often it isn’t novel).

With my 12 cruises, and probably won’t be Pearl for multiple decades (probably 3+ if ever), it’s not a terrible perk. Pearl should be less cruises, or ideally, a number of days spent at sea. But I digress.

I believe I’ve done 82 days at sea.

25 3-days are 75 days at sea or $75,000 for 4 people at the cheapest available atm.

25 7-days are 175 days.

25 13-days are 325 days at sea.

No one goes on cruises to rack up rewards, though. They go on cruises because they enjoy them, and then they get perks.

It should definitely be less for Pearl, though. I get they want 25 for the 25th anniversary, but still.
Free meal ok. Would suggest a free cruise after your 25th even if it’s just a 3 day.

EOD K9

I had just worn the coveted Platinum lanyard not long before this announcement and when I heard I wasn’t in the highest tier anymore I was slightly annoyed. After seeing the new perks, I’m not as disappointed.

ChuckElias

As an unabashed lover of the Memory Maker in the parks, I really like the unlimited photos. That is really nice. Having said that, there are other things I would've liked. A Remy meal in addition to the traditional Palo meal would be great. Bringing back the on-board credit would be nice. Maybe a free cruise is too much to ask, but a HEAVILY discounted cruise after a certain number of days at sea would be awesome.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom