Universal Testing Drone Technology

celluloid

That's what I was thinking, the pyro test to me shows they are ready to run the show, just need final approvals before they put in the work.

Even though the show will be at USF, should be fun to see it from the Hulk/Toon Lagoon side of the park.

It sure will be interesting to see what areas they mean the drones to face. Perspective changes what the images look like and sometimes completely.

celluloid

The lagoon viewing area in Central Park.

The location they're flying over is around where the queues for some of the HHN soundstages go, so it's framed above the NY cityscape.
For sure that has been the goal but there is some rotation. You want them with some perspective from Battery Park too. So there will def be some movement. Perspectives from IOA spots you mentioned.

jrhwdw

Holiday World, Dollywood and to some extent Stone Mountain all do well done Drone Shows also.

I am excited for the HHN potential programing too.
Let's get a Summer Show up and running before we hope for HHN Pluses....

So nice to see progress on this from Insiders since UOR is so tight lipped........

TTA94

Holiday World, Dollywood and to some extent Stone Mountain all do well done Drone Shows also.

I am excited for the HHN potential programing too.

Hopefully they will have a special Christmas show as well. Unfortunately this did not happen with the last show.

celluloid

Hopefully they will have a special Christmas show as well. Unfortunately this did not happen with the last show.

Not likely. Christmas shows went away with Christmas night time parades. The budget and focus of entertainment is on there for park included entertainment that also sometimes includes Mannheim Steamroller.

Drones used as an accent in the night sky would be a great easy touch though and an aspect far more possible.

jrhwdw

Not likely. Christmas shows went away with Christmas night time parades. The budget and focus of entertainment is on there for park included entertainment that also sometimes includes Mannheim Steamroller.

Drones used as an accent in the night sky would be a great easy touch though and an aspect far more possible.
USF never had a Christmas Nightttime Spectacular Correct?

TTA94

USF never had a Christmas Nightttime Spectacular Correct?

They should. Could be really cool and the closest Orlando would get to WoCs Season of light lol. USO would never do this but a full show with Trans Siberian Orchestra music would be awesome, or even Mannheim Steamroller music since they already perform USO.

celluloid

They should. Could be really cool and the closest Orlando would get to WoCs Season of light lol. USO would never do this but a full show with Trans Siberian Orchestra music would be awesome, or even Mannheim Steamroller music since they already perform USO.

There have been various daytime and nightime overlays over the years, but not often what anyone would call a Christmas extravaganza. It would be neat to see them do a montage of Christmas movies they can get the rights to through Uni and WB(20th Century Fox owns so many of the classics under Disney now)

Beetlejuice, classic monsters and other venues have all been a part of Christmas season in the past. Blues Brothers still do a version of the holiday show annually.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Why wouldn't USF use IP?
For some people, especially OG Disney fans, they prefer non-IP attractions and are angry at Iger for mandating IP attractions.

Something which Uni is doing as a matter of course.

And good for Uni that they now are starting to have enough of their own company-owned worthy IPs to use (tho, they're still relying on a lot of licensed IP).

Andrew25

This IP v Non IP stuff needs to stop lol... both companies have shown they can make really good (or really awful) stuff with or without IP. As long as quality wins, who cares lol

Universal is known for its IP reliance and is starting to realize the power of picking the right IPs (whether new or not) instead of just focusing on the new. Universal's nighttime shows have slowly gotten better over time, but always include faults when they decide to include newer/synergy IPs over classic IPs.

My hope is that this new show is a symphony of BTTF/JP/ET/Potter scores, instead of focusing on individual IP segments that have hard cuts.

monothingie

Too bad, sugar puff. We could have been something.
Premium Member
For some people, especially OG Disney fans, they prefer non-IP attractions and are angry at Iger for mandating IP attractions.
Prefer NOT inappropriately shoehorning in IP to every crevice of specific parks (Epcot and DAK) solely for the sake of marketing synergy.

USO or DHS are by their nature IP centric parks and need IP to be present for an excellent park experience.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Prefer NOT inappropriately shoehorning in IP to every crevice of specific parks (Epcot and DAK) solely for the sake of marketing synergy.

USO or DHS are by their nature IP centric parks and need IP to be present for an excellent park experience.
1. Thank-you for just rephrasing my point, I guess.

2. WRT USO being necessarily an "IP park"... Then what's the reason for EU being almost solely IP driven? That wasn't necessary, no?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom