Resort-Hop Trip - Parking @ Resorts

VaderTron

Will be spending two days visiting the various WDW resorts, getting drinks at their lounges, trying their cafes/quick service locations, shopping at their gift shops/stores, eating at some TS restaurants, and going to DS.

My main question: Now that overnight parking at resorts is once again free, have the gate houses loosened their grip on shooing away day visitors from parking at the resorts?

Context: For the past few years when we wanted to visit a resort, and park our car there, we were told by most guards at the gatehouse that we needed to have a confirmed dining reservation to show them for access to parking. We told them we just wanted to eat at a quick service and we were turned away. This happened multiple times at multiple resorts.

If anyone has recent experience with trying to park at a resort during the day for a few hours (NOT to go to the parks) please tell me your experience. If it hasn't changed we will have to start at DS and take a bus everywhere...(not as efficient, and will definitely limit the number of resorts we can visit).

Last edited:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
You will be turned away from any of the deluxe resorts without a dining reservation. No longer charging resort guests a daily parking fee has no impact on protocol at the guard gate (instituted when people attempted to bypass the parking fee at the theme parks by parking at a resort.)

You *might* have luck with parking at the moderates/values if you are planning to visit any of those resorts.

Upvote 0

drizgirl

You will be turned away from any of the deluxe resorts without a dining reservation. No longer charging resort guests a daily parking fee has no impact on protocol at the guard gate (instituted when people attempted to bypass the parking fee at the theme parks by parking at a resort.)

You *might* have luck with parking at the moderates/values if you are planning to visit any of those resorts.
No longer charging might actually make things work since the cost of parking is no longer a deterrent to renting a car and spots could be in higher demand.

Upvote 0

buckeyegator

where are you staying?? might be easier to take a bus from your resort to the MK TTC and use the monorail for those on the loop.you can go to HS and take the boat from there to beach/yacht/boardwalk resorts, and if you want to go to pop/art of animation use the skyliner,just a short walk from those to the skyliner station at epcot. also can go to riviera and carribean beach via skyliner, fwiw.

Upvote 0

VaderTron

Original Poster
I just find it so strange that they don't have a system in place that allows easier access to TAKE MY MONEY. Literally I just want to get food, drinks, and shop. ;)

Upvote 0

MagicRat

I just find it so strange that they don't have a system in place that allows easier access to TAKE MY MONEY. Literally I just want to get food, drinks, and shop. ;)
Very true, we were staying at Saratoga Springs on 12/31 we had a name and phone number of the manager at Circle D Ranch for a pony ride at Wilderness Campground. The guard refused to call or let us in and said the only number he would call was security. I left went to the front desk at Saratoga, they called the front desk at Wilderness was told too bad. She called Circle D, told me to come back, the “gentleman” saw my truck and hid in the shack. The guard who worked with him thought it was hilarious.

Circle D was great and money was spent!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom