News Disney Genie+ will soon include Disney PhotoPass image taken at attractions in Walt Disney World

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That is not that helpful compared to 4 or 5 years ago. Since Covid hit, rental vehicle prices went through the roof. Before you mention drive from home to WDW, that is over 1,000+ miles and not every wants to drive that far.

Last year was my first time to Florida since 2019. The prices were crazy expensive for rental vehicles when I checked last year. As late as 2019, you could rent a vehicle for $280 to $330.00 for 2 weeks. Also there is the question of what are you going to use a rental vehicle for.
So what are you looking for here?

That’s an honest question…not a setup

Touchdown

So I’d ask ask how the park is…but “hell” seems obvious enough
Actually it doesn’t look all that different at least midday (3:40) well for every park but DHS but what else is new.

0A600403-C65B-436A-9814-83B25FA26417.png
ACA95C68-A557-4C6D-86AC-835753EE78B7.png
871FB214-4E45-4894-9DE4-D41D69670BAE.png
74032E8C-D280-4E2A-AE83-FB0883A65CA9.png
2BB8ED15-0996-4F27-B042-E145524DC77B.png

wdwfan4ver

So you still feed the mouse and complain about the prices? Hmmmmm
Nope. Trip to Florida was booked for this year, but it is for Universal.

I'm having free unlimited Express pass at Universal due to staying at Universal deluxe hotel. The free unlimited Express pass for staying at a Universal Deluxe hotel is a great deal.

In 2022, the mouse get way less from my group compared to 2019. The only money the mouse got from group was park tickets in 2022.

What I did in 2022 was staying at Swan & Dolphin. I did not eat at the 4 theme parks, no Genie+, and no individual Lightning lane back in 2022. Also My group at the parks spent less days at WDW also back in 2022. I spent time at Universal for the first time last year also while having an Unlimited Express pass. I had a good time at the parks with no Genie + no Individual Lightning Lane.
So what are you looking for here?

That’s an honest question…not a setup
Nothing here in 2023 since it is just airport to Universal studios besides going to Shula's for 1 meal/ possible Disney Springs for 1 day. Rental Vehicle is a waste of time for me group in 2023 since most of the days would be staying on Universal Grounds outside of one day for Disney Springs before heading to Shula's.

My point is what Iger brought back for free parking at Disney resorts is not as big as a factor for staying at WDW hotel as it once was due to rental vehicle costs. Disney also no longer allows guests not staying the hotel to park there unless they have ADRS meaning the use of needing a rental vehicle for WDW is not there anymore.

JoeCamel

Nope. Trip to Florida was booked for this year, but it is for Universal.

I'm having free unlimited Express pass at Universal due to staying at Universal deluxe hotel. The free unlimited Express pass for staying at a Universal Deluxe hotel is a great deal.

In 2022, the mouse get way less from my group compared to 2019. The only money the mouse got from group was park tickets in 2022.

What I did in 2022 was staying at Swan & Dolphin. I did not eat at the 4 theme parks, no Genie+, and no individual Lightning lane back in 2022. Also My group at the parks spent less days at WDW also back in 2022. I spent time at Universal for the first time last year also while having an Unlimited Express pass. I had a good time at the parks with no Genie + no Individual Lightning Lane.

Nothing here in 2023 since it is just airport to Universal studios besides going to Shula's for 1 meal/ possible Disney Springs for 1 day. Rental Vehicle is a waste of time for me group in 2023 since most of the days would be staying on Universal Grounds outside of one day for Disney Springs before heading to Shula's.

My point is what Iger brought back for free parking at Disney resorts is not as big as a factor for staying at WDW hotel as it once was due to rental vehicle costs. Disney also no longer allows guests not staying the hotel to park there unless they have ADRS meaning the use of needing a rental vehicle for WDW is not there anymore.
Welcome to the dark side. The bring back included parking is a dig at how little they will do, there is never going to be some huge rollback in pricing and the mouse is not going to give the product away when they are slammed all the time.

JD80

The worst thing about this product is always that you are not having much choice in what it gives you and the backtracking and inaccuracy of operation variables easily cost you more time than a common strategy.

You are using the product wrong if that's the case.

If you're touring the parks with any "strategy" that means you're probably some level of Disney Adult/Expert/Fan that does more than their one or two trips in a lifetime. That expertise should come with the ability to use the new park tools to maximize their effectiveness.

The two major downfalls of G+ is the obscene additional cost for families and the fact you should be up at 6:59 to use it appropriately.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

If you're touring the parks with any "strategy" that means you're probably some level of Disney Adult/Expert/Fan that does more than their one or two trips in a lifetime. That expertise should come with the ability to use the new park tools to maximize their effectiveness.

The two major downfalls of G+ is the obscene additional cost for families and the fact you should be up at 6:59 to use it appropriately.
It works fine

But we double pay for the rides and there just isn’t enough capacity and no app fixes that

JD80

It works fine

But we double pay for the rides and there just isn’t enough capacity and no app fixes that

I find it worthwhile at MK and DHS if you want to do a late start or hop to DHS from any other park. G+ is awesome if you want to do AK and then hop to DHS.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I find it worthwhile at MK and DHS if you want to do a late start or hop to DHS from any other park. G+ is awesome if you want to do AK and then hop to DHS.
Ok…but my point still stands

I’ve used it…not hard to work it. I liked maxpass too

But the numbers problem is only gonna get worse

DisneyDebRob

Is included PhotoPass in effect yet?
They announced in January that it would start in a few months. Don’t think there was an exact date. Remember though it’s only for attraction images which includes about a dozen attractions? Nothing about photos taken by photographers throughout the park.

celluloid

I like that you just said they designed the product for the naive. It's like saying it is for suckers without saying it.
Getting up early and starting with E tickets or.lrkorties in your party is hardly an impossible strategy for anyone to know.

It should come with the ability to use the tool, but you don't really get the selection choices that go well with that.

Staying onsite or dining in park is not only for the one or two in a lifetime crowd. Genie Plus should be no different.

Instead of using your own strategy, you are paying Disney to go where they want you to so you can spend more money with the more foot traffic time spent between rides and staying longer in the day.
The same reason fast pass existed. It was. It just for the consumer, it was to give the consumer more.tkme.snd.oppertunitirs to spend money.

The system would be more beneficial if you got to use lightning Lane for any three of your choice.

JD80

I like that you just said they designed the product for the naive. It's like saying it is for suckers without saying it.
Getting up early and starting with E tickets or.lrkorties in your party is hardly an impossible strategy for anyone to know.

It should come with the ability to use the tool, but you don't really get the selection choices that go well with that.

Staying onsite or dining in park is not only for the one or two in a lifetime crowd. Genie Plus should be no different.

Instead of using your own strategy, you are paying Disney to go where they want you to so you can spend more money with the more foot traffic time spent between rides and staying longer in the day.
The same reason fast pass existed. It was. It just for the consumer, it was to give the consumer more.tkme.snd.oppertunitirs to spend money.

The system would be more beneficial if you got to use lightning Lane for any three of your choice.

Don't put words in my mouth.

It can be just as equally underutilized as FP+. Plenty of issues with fastpasses for the people who don't understand the system. Not booking at 60 days, trying to book the day of, not knowing you could book your 4th or 5th after using 3. Not getting up at the right time at your 60 day mark. Not refreshing. Not knowing when new FPs dropped at certain times of the day.

The G+ as a tool is better than FP+. It's just obscene that it costs money.

celluloid

Don't put words in my mouth.
I didn't. You just need to know vocabulary of what you said. You said the same thing without using the word.

na·ive
/näˈēv/
adjective
(of a person or action) showing a lack of experience, wisdom, or judgment.

To be naive is to be unexperienced. I am agreeing with you on this aspect.
That is how you phrased not knowing how to use the system correctly as if someone were taking one or two trips in a lifetime vs the experienced Disney guest.
You think it is a good system for people who are experienced and it should not cost money.

Also, even with hyperbole, your use of the word obscene would not be appropriate for this situation.

Last edited:

MagicHappens1971

This product was very clearly designed to benefit Disney much more than the consumer. If you do not do a solid amount of research about stacking and the 2 hour wait in between booking, etc. you will not benefit from this product. FP+ was very straight forward, at 60 or 30 days out, you would book your 3 selections for the day.

For example, last month I purchased Genie+ for maybe my second time, and I was able to get over 10 LL's throughout the day. I'd say the average would be 2-3 and may not even be the most effective

celluloid

This product was very clearly designed to benefit Disney much more than the consumer. If you do not do a solid amount of research about stacking and the 2 hour wait in between booking, etc. you will not benefit from this product. FP+ was very straight forward, at 60 or 30 days out, you would book your 3 selections for the day.

For example, last month I purchased Genie+ for maybe my second time, and I was able to get over 10 LL's throughout the day. I'd say the average would be 2-3 and may not even be the most effective

This is my point for sure.
Like fast pass it gets guests on a few favs but they spend their time walking and staying longer with more opportunities to buy food/beverage or find a gift shop item they want.

You are also likely to get less if a family has a variety of interests and accessibility, popularity of day, weather variables ect...

Now instead of paying Disney for your lack of wait with opportunities to spend more money(almost like an ad supported feature in real life) you are paying for the same idea.

It is like paying twice .

I am glad you utilized it to the best when you could though.

MrPromey

Good to know there actually is a scenario where they will put a limit on how many of these they’ll sell in a day…

Interesting how prior to May of last year they didn’t even have a way built into the system to do that, though.

Really drives home their priorities with the initial launch, doesn’t it?

Also makes me wonder, is this saying they are busier on President’s day weekend than they were over winter break or are they just starting to cut back now in an effort to improve the guest experience?

Obviously, overselling LL on really busy days just makes the whole system work worse both for those who paid and those who didn’t.

That only matters if you’re concerned for the guest experience, though, so I’m wondering if this is coming from the same place free parking at the resorts sprung up from.

Last edited:

DCBaker

Premium Member
Disney has announced the date for the inclusion of Photopass attraction photos with Genie+ - March 20th.

"Starting March 20, guests purchasing Disney Genie+ service will also receive digital downloads of their Disney PhotoPass attraction photos, taken in the park on the day of their purchase, at no additional charge. Attraction photos are taken while in the parks at more than a dozen of our most popular attractions including Space Mountain, Slinky Dog Dash, Test Track, Expedition Everest and more. I always love looking back at family photos at our favorite attractions – it’s a perfect way to remember and celebrate your theme park visit together. An exact launch date will be announced at a later time. Disney PhotoPass terms and conditions and expiration policy apply."

Lil Copter Cap

I have to disagree. The few times I've used it (as a local who will utilize the product when guests are in town), we've had surprise time slots appear on the confirmation page. Example being: We tried booking Haunted Mansion for 2:00pm and after officially confirming our selection, we were pushed to 3:05pm.

The product is "good" on days with lower usage.

And further, your statement about someone using the product wrong is more of the fault of Disney than of the consumer. If you are correct in that statement (let's say you are correct), then Disney should be blamed for lack of understanding on how to use this service.

FastPass+ had similar issues, but the difference? It was free.

Regardless, I agree with @Sirwalterraleigh and think the real issue is park capacity.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom