News New Tree of Life projection display will celebrate 'Avatar: The Way of Water' at Walt Disney World

Skywise

Yuck.

I'm happy with them celebrating Avatar but... do it in Avatar land and with new content on Flight of Passage or with a new ride. Put it on the monorails or the buses or on signs in Pandora - But don't turn what's supposed to be a positive natural/environmental/eco message into a movie billboard.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Yuck.

I'm happy with them celebrating Avatar but... do it in Avatar land and with new content on Flight of Passage or with a new ride. Put it on the monorails or the buses or on signs in Pandora - But don't turn what's supposed to be a positive natural/environmental/eco message into a movie billboard.

It's the only public projection surface they have in Animal Kingdom. Your "positive natural/environmental/eco message" rings hollow when it's shown on the surface of an oil rig covered in concrete in the middle of swampland that's been drained and biome changed to one more conducive to tourists in shorts.

Ghost93

Yuck.

The entire message/theme of Avatar is a "natural/environmental/eco message" so thematically it fits in with the Tree of Life.

I think if they only have it for one-three months, it's a cool idea.

JoeCamel

It's the only public projection surface they have in Animal Kingdom. Your "positive natural/environmental/eco message" rings hollow when it's shown on the surface of an oil rig covered in concrete in the middle of swampland that's been drained and biome changed to one more conducive to tourists in shorts.
Everest? Front or back side

AndyS2992

Totes original name there.. Moana: Journey of Water.. Avatar: Way of Water..

Seems an imagineer at Disney has a fetish for water.

Cmdr_Crimson

I see the title and I still think of..
giphy.gif

AndyS2992

Wrong again…Disney approved in allowing the sequel to happen(and who wouldn’t when the first was the biggest movie of all time) but Cameron gave Avatar the title
He may have come up with it but it would have gone through focus groups and marketing before being selected and then approved, several other titles would have also been offered up as well.

Anyway, a silly little joke people are taking far too literally is derailing the thread.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom