News Disneyland After Dark 2023

mickEblu

I feel like on paper this After Dark event is not much more different than the other parties, but it just feels so much more fun and joyous and worth the ticket. The vibes are immaculate.

Yeah it’s the people bringing the party to this party. I was there until about 8:30 pm and can confirm there was definitely good vibes, energy and excitement in the air. I think a lot of that has to do with it being the very first public Pride Night or event officially thrown by Disney if I’m not mistaken. I’m not sure the feeling will still say the same year after year. I’d imagine it’ll end up feeling like all the other events but as for this past Tuesday night I may or may not of had a little FOMO as we left the park.

TP2000

I think a lot of that has to do with it being the very first public Pride Night or event officially thrown by Disney if I’m not mistaken. I’m not sure the feeling will still say the same year after year.

Disneyland did these gay night parties regularly in the I980's and 90's as an after-hours private party.

But I imagine that most people there this week weren't even born in the 80's, or were mere kids in the 90's, and so they think this is a new thing. It isn't. The only thing new about this concept is that it was put on by Disney and Disney got to keep all the profits, instead of sharing them with an outside vendor event planner like they did 35 years ago.

Everything old is new again. Except this time TDA gets to keep all the profits. 🤣

asianway

Agreed, as that's what unions generally do. But Disneyland can't have a singing girl group sing a song because of unions?

That seems defeatist.
They could but higher scales and then casting something like that for a one off. Disneyland is good but they’re not going that far

TP2000

They could but higher scales and then casting something like that for a one off. Disneyland is good but they’re not going that far

Well, that's dumb. It needs to be more than just a music-less Instagrammable Moment. They're a girl group. They're supposed to sing.

If I was Disneyland President I would summon my young male secretary and say "Tell the unions to do their union thing and skim some off the top, but we need The Muses to sing their big Zero To Hero number. Set up a stage in the Small World mall. Make it vaguely Vegas-y, but also Greek, or Greek in a Vegas way. Make it fabulous. But get that girl group singing like the good Lord intended. And also, can you get me a Grande Chocolate Cream Cold Brew? Thanks, Kyle."

Californian Elitist

One of my colleagues went to Pride last Thursday and bought for me a map, a magnet, and a shirt.😭😍

IMG_3883.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom