Fantasmic Dinner Packages Failure

Touchdown

Original Poster
Anyone successfully book a reservation for February? I tried right after my window opened, at the end of my trip, and there was no availability for any of the restaurants. Any chance they are holding them back until they decide of a show schedule? Managed to get normal reservations at Sci Fi and 50s.

Alternatively, I know Mama Melrose used to up sell F! Packages back in the day, anyone been recently been given that option?

nickys

Premium Member
Anyone successfully book a reservation for February? I tried right after my window opened, at the end of my trip, and there was no availability for any of the restaurants. Any chance they are holding them back until they decide of a show schedule? Managed to get normal reservations at Sci Fi and 50s.

Alternatively, I know Mama Melrose used to up sell F! Packages back in the day, anyone been recently been given that option?
They definitely haven’t been released yet, don’t worry.

There are times showing for late January but no one can book them yet. Just keep trying.

I was having this same issue for our trip in late January and just saw this message. It's still not loading any times for any restaurant in January. Could this have completely filled for every restaurant for Jan 20-26 already? Are that few reservations available?

Update: I called the Dining Reservation line. The CM I spoke with said he just went through this with another customer for similar dates. They have some sort of release calendar that shows that dates until 1/9 have been released, then it shows "closed" for the rest of January. He said he was able to find plenty of availability in early Jan until 1/9, then nothing until February. He thinks they're still working on sorting out the number of showings of Fantasmic during that time period, so they may not have loaded those times in yet.

Do you guys think they're closing it during that time period for some reason? I can't imagine a refurb as it just reopened recently. Does what this CM told me seem possible / likely to you guys? I appreciate any insight. In the meantime, I'll just keep checking. Thanks!

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member
I was having this same issue for our trip in late January and just saw this message. It's still not loading any times for any restaurant in January. Could this have completely filled for every restaurant for Jan 20-26 already? Are that few reservations available?

Update: I called the Dining Reservation line. The CM I spoke with said he just went through this with another customer for similar dates. They have some sort of release calendar that shows that dates until 1/9 have been released, then it shows "closed" for the rest of January. He said he was able to find plenty of availability in early Jan until 1/9, then nothing until February. He thinks they're still working on sorting out the number of showings of Fantasmic during that time period, so they may not have loaded those times in yet.

Do you guys think they're closing it during that time period for some reason? I can't imagine a refurb as it just reopened recently. Does what this CM told me seem possible / likely to you guys? I appreciate any insight. In the meantime, I'll just keep checking. Thanks!
I know people who have booked the first week in February. Not all restaurants were available though.

Punky1999

Same issue here and I have been checking every 20min at most and everyday at 5:45am-6am and from 1:45pm-12am. Again, I’m also checking every 20min. I have Disneywatch as well and have received zero notification which seems odd.

Punky1999

I should also not that I have been checking like this since Nov 22nd. I’m exhausted but I want the reservations for my birthday. Not at all feeling the Disney magic and the fact that no one can give a straight answer at Disney is beyond frustrating.

ToTBellHop

I know people who booked throughout January. The entire month released on Friday. It’s very limited because reservations were not held back for some reason. So whatever was left became a F! package. For February, reservations were held back at those locations (as usual), leaving greater availability.

So anyone with a January trip is largely SOL.

zappy

So our 60 day window is fast approaching to book dining and my goal was to snag the Fantasmic Dinner Package for my wife, daughter and myself. From doing a quick twitter search it seems like you receive a written card with a showtime on it while at your restaurant of choice that indicates which showing of Fantasmic you will be attending. Is this correct? Also, if the night you're attending has two shows are you allowed to choose which show you wanted to attend (preferred earlier because of the kid), or is it random/first come first served. TIA :)

nickys

Premium Member
So our 60 day window is fast approaching to book dining and my goal was to snag the Fantasmic Dinner Package for my wife, daughter and myself. From doing a quick twitter search it seems like you receive a written card with a showtime on it while at your restaurant of choice that indicates which showing of Fantasmic you will be attending. Is this correct? Also, if the night you're attending has two shows are you allowed to choose which show you wanted to attend (preferred earlier because of the kid), or is it random/first come first served. TIA :)
It isn’t random. When you book it tells you which performance it’s for, and so far I believe it’s only available for the first performance of the night.

zappy

It isn’t random. When you book it tells you which performance it’s for, and so far I believe it’s only available for the first performance of the night.

Thanks, our window starts Monday.

And someone else mentioned it already but plenty of availability is open for January.

Punky1999

There may be a 2nd show, fingers crossed for all those who didn’t get reservations or didn’t get what they wanted. I called Disney Thursday morning and finally got someone who was able to confirm that there were zero reservations already made for Jan.9-31 as of that morning so they could guarantee that it had never been made available. That means when they were released (I noticed shortly before 3pm) they only released dinning packages for the first show (only show as of now). I was told when I called back later that if there is a 2nd show added then each restaurant would offer additional reservations. They said if that happens and you are unable to switch because of times available, plans or whatever, then you can ask the restaurant you dine at if you want to switch your show time but it is not a guarantee at all and chances are slim so if you want the 2nd show, if it does become available, I would keep checking back and try to swap. However, apparently the hold up was due to discussions of how many shows to offer in the first place as well as restaurant availability so they didn’t believe this would happen like it did in December. I also got this same answer via email. Wow were these reservations harder than ever to get and really just because of the stress of waiting for them to be made available with no idea when that would be, lol.

nickys

Premium Member
There may be a 2nd show, fingers crossed for all those who didn’t get reservations or didn’t get what they wanted. I called Disney Thursday morning and finally got someone who was able to confirm that there were zero reservations already made for Jan.9-31 as of that morning so they could guarantee that it had never been made available. That means when they were released (I noticed shortly before 3pm) they only released dinning packages for the first show (only show as of now). I was told when I called back later that if there is a 2nd show added then each restaurant would offer additional reservations. They said if that happens and you are unable to switch because of times available, plans or whatever, then you can ask the restaurant you dine at if you want to switch your show time but it is not a guarantee at all and chances are slim so if you want the 2nd show, if it does become available, I would keep checking back and try to swap. However, apparently the hold up was due to discussions of how many shows to offer in the first place as well as restaurant availability so they didn’t believe this would happen like it did in December. I also got this same answer via email. Wow were these reservations harder than ever to get and really just because of the stress of waiting for them to be made available with no idea when that would be, lol.
Just a couple of points to bear in mind.

Firstly, I think there’s unlikely to be a second show added at that time of year.

And even if there is, there is no guarantee they’ll offer a dining package for the second show either. As far as I know since the packages started at the beginning of December, they haven’t offered them for the second show.

Punky1999

Sorry, I was repeating what a Disney dining supervisor told me verbally and by email and I thought when I said that they did not think it would happen like it did in December it was clear that it was unlikely to happen. Thank you for clearing that up and sorry for the confusion. Good news is there’s still quite a bit of availability.

zappy

Booked the the Fantasmic dining package for our Feb trip this morning. It didn't allow us to choose a showtime but the confirmation email clearly states "first show" happy we got this one. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom