News Destination D23 2023

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
D23 has announced the dates for the next Destination D23 - September 8-10, 2023.

"D23 returns to The Most Magical Place on Earth for the biggest Disney fan event of 2023 at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, September 8–10, to celebrate 100 years of The Walt Disney Company. Fans will be among the first to hear exciting announcements and see sneak peeks from the many worlds of Disney—and relive favorite memories with behind-the-scenes stories, special guests, and so much more at this epic event."

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
"Watch in awe as we make blue sky announcements for things that will never be built! Be amazed by our ability to drop Walt's name to placate fans yet mean nothing by it! Get excited for things that will ultimately never happen! Cherish the memories you will make when you attend a special session with Imagineer Extraordinaire THEZach Riddley, who will talk about flooring materials and paint! It's MAGICAL!!!"

;)

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
"Watch in awe as we make blue sky announcements for things that will never be built! Be amazed by our ability to drop Walt's name to placate fans yet mean nothing by it! Get excited for things that will ultimately never happen! Cherish the memories you will make when you attend a special session with Imagineer Extraordinaire THEZach Riddley, who will talk about flooring materials and paint! It's MAGICAL!!!"

;)
and be the first to see our new 100yr celebration cupcake and popcorn bucket!

Don’t forget to “buy” your tickets

Thanks for being part of the magic (evil laugh)

djkidkaz

I think we might see some announcement of a new attraction. With Iger back and knowing they have to start rebuilding the fan base there is no simpler way then to say “Hey remember that Blue Sky Moana Land in Animal Kingdom, well it is not blue sky any longer!” Announcing attractions is a quick way that the company diverts attention to something positive.

valenrandy

Josh D'Amaro: " I am excited to be here with you at Destination D23! We are here to announce 4 new magical attractions that are green lit and fast tracked to open by spring 2025. (Crowd Cheers)

In no specific order: Figment M&G at Epcot, Moana Splash pad at AK, Pop n Roller Coaster featuring Taylor Swift at DHS and finally
Beyond BTM!!!! a path to the new Coco and Encanto M&G..... (crowd goes wild)...

BrowncatP

Well now I need to change my request off from work from the November dates they usually have Destination D to September. Everyone in attendance at the last Destination D was supposed to get a "Hey Disney." Those that were there might have to wait until September to receive the device.

raymusiccity

I think we might see some announcement of a new attraction. With Iger back and knowing they have to start rebuilding the fan base there is no simpler way then to say “Hey remember that Blue Sky Moana Land in Animal Kingdom, well it is not blue sky any longer!” Announcing attractions is a quick way that the company diverts attention to something positive.
It would be simple enough to bring back a night time parade (not a cavalcade!) and dust off the Mary Poppins concept at EPCOT. 😄

DonniePeverley

They need to stop the patronising 'we MIGHT build this' nonsense, which was a new low for these events.

If they aren't building anything new then just move on. No need for spin that leaves a bad taste and long term discredits anything said at these meetings in the future.

The last meeting where they said they 'might' build a new area in Magic Kingdom with Coco, Encanto always felt nonsensical and a new low for me. Previous announcements of Mary Poppins also came to nothing.

These announcements need to be sacred and truth, and without spin.

TeeJay69

Well now I need to change my request off from work from the November dates they usually have Destination D to September. Everyone in attendance at the last Destination D was supposed to get a "Hey Disney." Those that were there might have to wait until September to receive the device.
Yeah! I've written them twice about when these will be shipped, and all I get are the sounds of Jiminy Crickets family reunion!

mngwdw

How about bringing back the Electrical Parade. Not nearly as expensive and should be much quicker than an new park or ride.

mysto

Yeah, I’d expect some actual announcements here. Iger will want to bury that mess of a D23.
Exactly. I think they may have held back at the last one so they'll have something for #100. I'll bet there are some great celebrity appearances too. And the #100 t-shirt oo la la. I have half a mind to sign up and attend, I probably won't go but it's tempting, feel like I should.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom