News ABC and Disney Parks Christmas Holiday specials 2022

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

Kingoglow

I am getting old. Apart from Run DMC, I don't know who any of those names are, and some of them I can't even pronounce. I don't think I will be tuning into this when my family comes for the holidays.

But not everything is for me. /Shrug. I am just a paying customer.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Sounds like the usual uninspired, corporate, insipid crap they put out these days.

The live versions of the Christmas parade were the best and most festive. Even when they taped the Christmas parade back in the early to mid 2000’s, they were good (we were there for a taping in 2002, I remember The Wiggles being there and performing). Since Iger, it’s nothing more than a long infomercial with some B/C-list acts performing awful versions of songs. Case in point: What does the new Avatar movie have to do with Christmas?

This formerly-unfavorable curmudgeon’s recommendation is to skip these and spend time with your family instead. Maybe watch an old recorded Christmas parade, like one linked above. 😂

ppete1975

Dear Disney,
I dont care about the newest singer or the Houghs singing in front of a disney attraction. Why not show disney shorts, including the really old ones? Then add in a host walking the disney parks and showing you a few rides. Then fill in the rest with the amazing parades, characters and/or fireworks. Heck ill even take the candlelight processional. Those are uniquely Disney, and will make you money. Nobody gives a darn about NEEYo singing in front of space ship earth.
Sincerely,
Your meal ticket.

PS say hi to pluto for me

The Colonel

I'm just thankful they haven't canceled Christmas yet. Too much money to be lost I guess.

We put it on and glance at it occasionally- with the sound very low. The last one I enjoyed was NPH.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I am getting old. Apart from Run DMC, I don't know who any of those names are, and some of them I can't even pronounce. I don't think I will be tuning into this when my family comes for the holidays.

But not everything is for me. /Shrug. I am just a paying customer.

And it's only 2 of the 3 original members of Run DMC, since Jam Master Jay was murdered 20 years ago. :(

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Thankfully, YouTube has blessed us with the WDW Christmas parades of the 80's and 90's that were much more fun to watch. Instead of...whatever those shows are now that they are producing..

You know what's interesting? Those live Christmas Day parades in the 80's were actually a draw for people. "Oh, look at how beautiful it is there! 81 degrees?? Maybe we should think about booking a trip next year." Not that they need the advertising these days, but you get my point. I believe I was there for a few days in the 80's (I think I have a non-winning prize giveaway ticket from the 15th anniversary from that week somewhere) but don't recall crowd levels.

ETA: Found my old 3-day World Passport, stamped December 19, 20, and 28, 1986. Not going to look for the 15th giveaway ticket now. :)

Last edited:

Dj Corona

I was there last Sunday when they were filming it at MK, it was pretty neat. Probably not so much for the cast members, because it was still going strong at closing time.

TrippedUp

I was also there that day and did *not* find it neat. The stage and scissor lifts blocked pictures/views of the castle. The audience was all extras, so it wasnt like you could maybe get on TV, and the announcers were doing chitchat on the PA system all night that was a big immersion breaker for me. The rear of the castle was not lit. Considering I didnt get a break on the ticket price for the reduced offering, I found it pretty frusterating.

JMcMahonEsq

Dear Disney,
I dont care about the newest singer or the Houghs singing in front of a disney attraction. Why not show disney shorts, including the really old ones? Then add in a host walking the disney parks and showing you a few rides. Then fill in the rest with the amazing parades, characters and/or fireworks. Heck ill even take the candlelight processional. Those are uniquely Disney, and will make you money. Nobody gives a darn about NEEYo singing in front of space ship earth.
Sincerely,
Your meal ticket.

PS say hi to pluto for me
Dear Disney,

As someone who is not in the Twighlight of their life, and has children at home who are actually kids, we all DO care about new singers who are relevant today and still releasing music and are on contemporary TV, and not old timers who our parents and grandparents watched.
We also have absolutely no interest in seeing really old Disney shorts. Like Werther's Originals maybe grandpa liked black and white steamboat willy, but young kids and young adults certainly don't. Oh, maybe Cousin Karen likes some of the old shorts...which are readily available on Disney Plus, and online, and don't need to be on a network slot geared for a younger audience.

As to Disney Rides, we love Disney Rides...that's why we go to Disney. But unless it's a new ride or maybe a new Christmas overlay, there is no need to just show us a few old rides. Every ride at WDW has at least 40 youtube walk throughs that show off the ride. Every kid who loves Disney is able to watch them on their smartphones or tablets. Also many families have taken their own videos on their own phones of them riding the rides together. We would all much rather watch ourselves riding rides together as opposed to other families. But if you have a couple good clips of Tron almost being ready, or maybe Guardians to show why we need to get down there soon to ride these new features, definitely show those. Maybe a couple minutes about the new Moanna and/or Villians parks would be good, as between jobs, kids, school schedules, sports schedules, and lives, we don't get the chance to go to D23 conventions or monitor message boards for Disney news.

If there is a good parade, we wouldn't mind seeing it. Although I admit we generally sit around and watch a parade when we are in the parks. Most of the time our younger kids don't want to be sitting still for 15-20 minutes to watch a full length parade, but if you got one that we can see the highlights for it, it would be great.

Sincerely,
Target Demographic No. 123

PS. Who is pluto? Is he one of the Trolls in Frozen? Or is he going to be a new character in Moanna 2 that your going to be announcing?

solidyne

I am getting old. Apart from Run DMC, I don't know who any of those names are, and some of them I can't even pronounce. [...]
Really? Can't pronounce them? Which one? Il Volo? I have zero interest in any of these except (maybe) David Foster, but they certainly are pronounceable.

Dear Disney,
As someone who is not in the Twighlight of their life, and has children at home who are actually kids, we all DO care about new singers who are relevant today and still releasing music and are on contemporary TV, and not old timers who our parents and grandparents watched.
We also have absolutely no interest in seeing really old Disney shorts. Like Werther's Originals maybe grandpa liked black and white steamboat willy, but young kids and young adults certainly don't. Oh, maybe Cousin Karen likes some of the old shorts...which are readily available on Disney Plus, and online, and don't need to be on a network slot geared for a younger audience.

As to Disney Rides, we love Disney Rides...that's why we go to Disney. But unless it's a new ride or maybe a new Christmas overlay, there is no need to just show us a few old rides. Every ride at WDW has at least 40 youtube walk throughs that show off the ride. Every kid who loves Disney is able to watch them on their smartphones or tablets. Also many families have taken their own videos on their own phones of them riding the rides together. We would all much rather watch ourselves riding rides together as opposed to other families. But if you have a couple good clips of Tron almost being ready, or maybe Guardians to show why we need to get down there soon to ride these new features, definitely show those. Maybe a couple minutes about the new Moanna and/or Villians parks would be good, as between jobs, kids, school schedules, sports schedules, and lives, we don't get the chance to go to D23 conventions or monitor message boards for Disney news.

If there is a good parade, we wouldn't mind seeing it. Although I admit we generally sit around and watch a parade when we are in the parks. Most of the time our younger kids don't want to be sitting still for 15-20 minutes to watch a full length parade, but if you got one that we can see the highlights for it, it would be great.

Sincerely,
Target Demographic No. 123

PS. Who is pluto? Is he one of the Trolls in Frozen? Or is he going to be a new character in Moanna 2 that your going to be announcing?
Good one! You actually had me for a minute!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom