Disney springs dining for 12 year olds

LindsayW

Original Poster
We are spending our first evening at DS rather than parks, anticipating the possibility of delayed flights.
The other 8 members of our party have young kids and therefore rainforest cafe reservations.
I’m unsure where to take my twelve year old boys. I want to start the vacation off with a cool dining experience if possible but they are ran beyond rainforest cafe and I was late getting T. rex (not that they would be super into it anyway)
Any suggestions?

James J

In the Parks
No
Would you prefer TS or QS? Polite Pig for some BBQ is great if they're into that for a QS option, or for TS Homecomin' is one of our favourites.

Chi84

Premium Member
We are spending our first evening at DS rather than parks, anticipating the possibility of delayed flights.
The other 8 members of our party have young kids and therefore rainforest cafe reservations.
I’m unsure where to take my twelve year old boys. I want to start the vacation off with a cool dining experience if possible but they are ran beyond rainforest cafe and I was late getting T. rex (not that they would be super into it anyway)
Any suggestions?
The entertainment at Raglan Road is great. They have a live band and Irish dancers. My kids loved it when they were that age. The food is very kid-friendly.

Chi84

Premium Member
You probably already know this, but most DS restaurants are on OpenTable and it’s much easier to reserve that way. (And no credit card holds - cancel anytime.) Also, T-Rex is a Landry’s restaurant. You can get a reservation there if you join Landry’s Select Club. It's $25 to join, but they give you that back in a reward so it's basically free.

Last edited:

DisneyfanMA

T-REX.....Join Landry's select club ($25 one time sign up fee, but you get $30 instant credit to your account). They either own or operate (or both) T-Rex and also Yak n Yeti among other chains around the US. I was able to join in minutes, and call up the main club number and request my day and time at T-Rex. So great. Thanks to others here tipping me off. T rex LOOKS way cooler than rainforest, but I have't been yet (about 18 days away from sitting there!)

Landry's club:

Alternately Edison looks really cool to me. Check menu first for kids.

Last edited:

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
You really can't go wrong here. All those that have been mentioned are good.

They'll probably also enjoy the quirkiness of Edison or watching the cars in the lake at Boathouse. At 12 they probably like "secret" places so the Rum Tunnels are also a possibility.

Then there's Chicken Guy, Pizza, and a couple of decent kiosks if you're looking more toward QS.

NiarrNDisney

I'm betting your kids would really like Splitsville.

Other options you may want to consider - Homecomin, House of Blues, D-Luxe Burger, Polite Pig and Raglan Road.

I have 4 boys. Splitsville was fun and they liked bowling (we never did it at home too busy with sports , so the competition of kids vs Parents was intense and provided bragging rights the rest of the trip.) we only played 1 game and then went on our way after eating.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom