Park Hopper-what if something happens?

ceecee101

So as I understand it we no longer have free for all park hoppers. We can’t hop until 2 but as I also understand (maybe incorrectly) that you can’t hop unless you have tapped into the first park even if it is after 2. What does one do then if someone is sick in the morning and can’t make it to park 1 for morning tap in but can make it in the evening for park 2? Does that mean that person would have to go to the first park, tap in before they can go to park 2? Sorry we haven’t been in over 10 years so trying to figure some of this out, thanks

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
So as I understand it we no longer have free for all park hoppers. We can’t hop until 2 but as I also understand (maybe incorrectly) that you can’t hop unless you have tapped into the first park even if it is after 2. What does one do then if someone is sick in the morning and can’t make it to park 1 for morning tap in but can make it in the evening for park 2? Does that mean that person would have to go to the first park, tap in before they can go to park 2? Sorry we haven’t been in over 10 years so trying to figure some of this out, thanks
That would be yes unless you were able to change your park reservation to the 2nd park.

Upvote 0

Chi84

Premium Member
If you’re not going to the first park at all, you can try to switch your reservation to the park you wanted to hop to. We were able to do this last October but only because there was availability for the second park. In May our choices were more limited.

MK is hardest to switch to, followed by HS. Epcot is usually pretty available.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ceecee101

Original Poster
Wow, thanks, this seems like a big flaw in the system. I mean if we’re staying near Epcot but someone doesn’t feel well in the morning or something else happens (myriad of possibilities) but we have an AK reservation we would have to go all the way out to AK and tap in there, turn around and come back? Unless we can change it? Would it make a difference if you didn’t hop until the other park closed (say 6pm MK on a party night) where you could not go tap in? We’re older now and things happen, aches and pains.

Upvote 0

Clamman73

Wow, thanks, this seems like a big flaw in the system. I mean if we’re staying near Epcot but someone doesn’t feel well in the morning or something else happens (myriad of possibilities) but we have an AK reservation we would have to go all the way out to AK and tap in there, turn around and come back? Unless we can change it? Would it make a difference if you didn’t hop until the other park closed (say 6pm MK on a party night) where you could not go tap in? We’re older now and things happen, aches and pains.
That’s interesting. I wonder if someone has every tried that scenario of your example of mk closing at 6 to regular guests. Like if you went to Epcot at 630, are they gonna say hey you didn’t tap into MK today therefore you can’t enter Epcot now.

Upvote 0

Chi84

Premium Member
Unless you’re visiting during the busiest times, the chances of either AK or Epcot being unavailable for a switch are very slim. Usually the only parks that completely fill are MK and HS.

I dislike the park reservations and park hopping limits because they significantly limit flexibility.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
If you couldn’t change your park reservation, you could always go to Guest Services and ask if they can help.

But yes, the flexibility to change plans easily day by day is pretty much gone.

Upvote 0

JohnD

Yes, unfortunately. Unless that person can separately change their park reservation to the one you're hopping to.

Upvote 0

JohnD

That’s interesting. I wonder if someone has every tried that scenario of your example of mk closing at 6 to regular guests. Like if you went to Epcot at 630, are they gonna say hey you didn’t tap into MK today therefore you can’t enter Epcot now.

That's exactly what happens. It doesn't matter when another park closes. Because you would technically not be hopping but trying to enter Epcot as your first park where you didn't have a park reservation. If you don't enter the first park, you can't enter another without hopping from the one where you had the reservation. The only way to get into the second park without having entered the first is to change your park reservation.

Upvote 0
Short answer is no. If someone in your group can’t go to the reserved park, the surest plan is for them to change their reservation to the park the rest of you will hop to later. I agree it can be inconvenient (hey, I’m 70 and walk with a cane, days in the parks aren’t so easy), but if I ever couldn’t make it to the first park, I would modify my reservation (if possible, and that’s the problem, sometimes the parks are sold out, then you have to tap in first. Little mercy from the CMs that you were too ill to go in the morning, but ok after 2:00).

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

We’ve had things come up and had a merciful, understanding CM help us out. It depends on the person you’ve approached, how you approach them and how favorable they are at that moment in time to show you positive guest relations. Some people are rules rule kind of folks , unwilling to bend while others can be flexible. Doesn’t hurt to try to get around the hopper policy from h#ll.

Upvote 0
We’ve had things come up and had a merciful, understanding CM help us out. It depends on the person you’ve approached, how you approach them and how favorable they are at that moment in time to show you positive guest relations. Some people are rules rule kind of folks , unwilling to bend while others can be flexible. Doesn’t hurt to try to get around the hopper policy from h#ll.
It also depends on how many people have approached the CM and tried to “get around the hopper policy” that day.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom