News New limited time shopDisney discount for Walt Disney World Annual Passholders

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
"We're missing your spending, here's a discount so you'll buy something"

But you know APs don't spend money
…I forgot about that…somebody CANCEL!!!

But seriously…an interesting story from the real world is retailers are sitting on product. They BSed to increase prices for too long and now have a glut as the prices are too high.

I couldn’t be more shocked if I woke up this morning with my head sewn to the carpet.

But as far as AP discounts go…could that be the reason? Backlog of merch?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
But seriously…an interesting story from the real world is retailers are sitting on product. They BSed to increase prices for too long and now have a glut as the prices are too high.

Ding ding ding! I think we have a winner.

"Exalted Bob, we have a lot of merch that no one wants because it's garb..."

"WHAT?!?! Offer the unfavorables a discount, we need them to buy it up, like they always do. Remind me to disparage them in the press again soon. I hate annual passholders. Good for nothing freeloaders..."

"Sir, you just said you needed them and offered them a discount"

*Bob walks out of room*

bpiper

…I forgot about that…somebody CANCEL!!!

I couldn’t be more shocked if I woke up this morning with my head sewn to the carpet.

Or their sales are off due to the constant price increases. They need to pump up the 3rd Q numbers and someone realized that if prices are lower, we can sell merch and pump up the numbers. Win-Win.

Gillyanne

Read the article. The discount doesn't apply to almost everything.

Quick glance (and not doing a side by side) but the list looks like the standard shop disney exclusions. Lots of stuff online that discount [codes] don't work with online but one would be able to get discount on in park. Because of the exclusions I try to avoid getting MB or Loungefly (not that I'm big on LF as some are) online if it's something I could easily get in park with my discount.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Quick glance (and not doing a side by side) but the list looks like the standard shop disney exclusions. Lots of stuff online that discount [codes] don't work with online but one would be able to get discount on in park. Because of the exclusions I try to avoid getting MB or Loungefly (not that I'm big on LF as some are) online if it's something I could easily get in park with my discount.

Can’t even use this discount on 50th merchandise. The list of what the discount *can’t* be used on is ridiculous.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The reasonably priced stuff people want…is what you’re trying to say?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom