DCL Buys Unfinished Mega Cruise Ship - Genting Golden Dream ???

MoonRakerSCM

I haven't dug too much into the details of this thing (if there that many yet). But I think this is either really smart on Disney's part or really stupid if it doesnt work.

I see this... Disney wants to tap in the huge SE asian market. For a multitude of reasons, they're not willing to build infrastructure in Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok etc...

But seeing this 'theme park map' style presentation of the boat... I think they're trying to tap into the market by bringing a hybrid cruise/Disney 'park' to the region. No destinations/ports, the destination IS the boat and its experiences/attractions...

If this is the case, they can have it in the region for a few years, then move as needed to other regions where there's market potential but not enough for investing in infrastructure.

Just my thoughts.

I haven't dug too much into the details of this thing (if there that many yet). But I think this is either really smart on Disney's part or really stupid if it doesnt work.

I see this... Disney wants to tap in the huge SE asian market. For a multitude of reasons, they're not willing to build infrastructure in Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok etc...

But seeing this 'theme park map' style presentation of the boat... I think they're trying to tap into the market by bringing a hybrid cruise/Disney 'park' to the region. No destinations/ports, the destination IS the boat and its experiences/attractions...

If this is the case, they can have it in the region for a few years, then move as needed to other regions where there's market potential but not enough for investing in infrastructure.

Just my thoughts.

Agreed, they're making the ship more of the destination. And it looks like it'll have a lot of typical park-like attractions: an AquaMouse, a rollercoaster, and maybe even a flowrider. Going to be the most park-like ship in the fleet by far. And that's just one portion of the top decks where all this will be located.

BrianLo

I would strongly presume the cruises go to Penang and Ph-uket (really don’t know why the forum wants to censor that one).

But maybe we’ll actually see some itinerary variety. All cruises to nowhere would be unusually shocking.

Royal doesn’t really offer Asian itineraries of value either, IMO. They are all quite short and basic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom