News Test Track facing extended downtime today at EPCOT - Sep 21 2022

brettf22

Premium Member
Definitely a catch 22 for Disney. People are disappointed when ride features are not working. If they close down a ride to fix those features, others are disappointed.

Some of this may be of their own making, though. IMO, they have focused so much on the once-in-a-lifetime visitors that they seemingly tend to kick the proverbial maintenance can down the road in order to keep rides running. That, in turn, leads to further maintenance issues.

Interesting article released yesterday by former Imagineer and sometimes WDWMagic contributor, Eddie Sotto, about recent ride downtime trends.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
In order to compensate for the closure, they have coned off an area in the Discovery Lot and are using the unused parking trams for an authentic experience. Just move the decimal point from 64.9 MPH to 6.49MPH.

Comming Top Gear GIF by roc friese poort

FigmentForever96

Can confirm it was down most of the day. Ironically I never waste a fastpass or wait long for Test Track but the day I make the exception is the day it breaks.

jeanericuser001

ooo ah ah ah Test track is down for some fixes. Test track is down for some fixes. Test track is down for some fixes. It is close and wont open today.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
Definitely a catch 22 for Disney. People are disappointed when ride features are not working. If they close down a ride to fix those features, others are disappointed.

Definitely. Though to that point, I think it's better to have preventative maintenance on a schedule (shared on a refurb calendar) over randomly unexpected downtime.

Goofyernmost

But what about the status of "Fast Track"?? I heard some guests talking about that, it sounds fun!
"Fast Track" is always open. The problem is that it is almost impossible to find. Many people talk about it, so it must be there someplace. Maybe it's behind Thunder Mountain.

Rambozo

It seems like everything is breaking down more. I think it's because Disney is cheap and they don't want to maintenance things right anymore.

Goofyernmost

It seems like everything is breaking down more. I think it's because Disney is cheap and they don't want to maintenance things right anymore.
Not Test Track, but there are many attractions that are 40 to 50 years old. Trust me when I say that everything that reaches that age starts to break down frequently.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom