one of my clients mentioned crop tops not being
okay in the parks. I was planning on wearing bike
shorts and a sports bra almost every day, I hate
being hot, but wondering if that's not okay in the
parks. TIA!

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
I don't think it's crop tops that they have a problem with, I think it is shirts that tie closed in the front.

castlecake2.0

DRESS CODE.
Hello wonderful people! I leave early Tuesday
morning for an 8 day Honeymoon with my husband
and I'm so so excited! I am a hairstylist and today
one of my clients mentioned crop tops not being
okay in the parks. I was planning on wearing bike
shorts and a sports bra almost every day, I hate
being hot, but wondering if that's not okay in the
parks. TIA!
81E0D83E-3422-4F14-9226-C627CF01D638.jpeg

I’m not sure a sports bra would be considered a shirt. I think the general guideline is that all shirts for all guests should cover the midsection.

disneyfireman

View attachment 663312
I’m not sure a sports bra would be considered a shirt. I think the general guideline is that all shirts for all guests should cover the midsection.
When I went in July...alot of girls were wearing bikini tops...so apparently thats ok.. As for tattoos..I have never in my life heard of anyone being ask to cover that up..at all. Crop tops were literally on 35% of the girl's.. and by girls I mean any age female. I think the dress code is more enforced if the person is bringing attention to them...like acting stupid.

castlecake2.0

When I went in July...alot of girls were wearing bikini tops...so apparently thats ok.. As for tattoos..I have never in my life heard of anyone being ask to cover that up..at all. Crop tops were literally on 35% of the girl's.. and by girls I mean any age female.
I wouldn’t consider a sports bra a “shirt” but ultimately it’s up to the main entrance cast to enforce at the touch points

Chi84

Premium Member
OP, I don’t know if a sports bra would be okay but I really don’t see a lot of women wearing them in the parks. Please take some of the comments here with a huge grain of salt. I absolutely guarantee you that 35% of the females in the parks are not wearing crop tops.

disneyfireman

OP, I don’t know if a sports bra would be okay but I really don’t see a lot of women wearing them in the parks. Please take some of the comments here with a huge grain of salt. I absolutely guarantee you that 35% of the females in the parks are not wearing crop tops.
I was there July 23-30 then....Brazilian girls and American girls...and im telling you almost all had a crop top or sports bra or bikini top...whatever you want to call it. The studios even more so than MK. but My daughter was also one of them...it was more common to see that than not...35% was being conservative. I even have a pic of my daughter and a girl from England talking. She has one on also...but dont want to post it here.

Last edited:

Chi84

Premium Member
You were there July 23-30 then....Brazilian girls and American girls...and im telling you almost all had a crop top or sports bra or bikini top...whatever you want to call it. The studios even more so than MK. but My daughter was also one of them...it was more common to see that than not...35% was being conservative. I even have a pic of my daughter and a girl from England talking. She has one on also...but dont want to post it here..for long....ill delete this soon..just showing an example...of what almost every girl there wore....or less.
I have no doubt some girls wear them, but saying it’s over a third of the females of all ages is utter nonsense.

disneyfireman

Not directing this at anyone but it’s sad looking at how people used to dress so nice to go to the parks and now… let’s just say it’s a downgrade.
I think the main thing is body appropriate. I mean..not everyone can wear I dont even know what their called....vollyball shorts? Spandex shorts? But certainly...some people should NOT wear that...some CAN. I think its all body dependent. Same thing goes for a dude and guys clothing. An athletic guy can pull of short shorts and etc..Others just cant...

EricsBiscuit

I think the main thing is body appropriate. I mean..not everyone can wear I dont even know what their called....vollyball shorts? Spandex shorts? But certainly...some people should NOT wear that...some CAN. I think its all body dependent. Same thing goes for a dude and guys clothing. An athletic guy can pull of short shorts and etc..Others just cant...
My go to park attire is any pair of leather shoes, khakis and a button up untucked shirt (preferably a guayabera).

JoeCamel

So the kid at the gate has to play fashion police?

drizgirl

I have seen hundreds of those on girls every time im there...no worries.....and, if Disney has an issue...its a free way to get a t shirt..
I actually heard that after this went around on the internet, Disney is pulling back and not doing that any more.

OP, I've seen sports bras that would be fine. I've seen sports bras that wouldn't. If you want to give it a try, I'd have a t-shirt in your bag. Or spare cash to buy yourself a new shirt if it doesn't pass. Just please don't make a scene if they tell you it's not appropriate.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
So the kid at the gate has to play fashion police?
Yes. It's part of their job. If you're too scared to enforce a dress code, don't be a front gate CM. When I was a training facilitator at Epcot, I refused to let a new manager join the class because she was dressed like a slob. She threw a fit and my manager called hers right on the spot, let's just say she didn't have the most magical of days. Even today, as a teacher, I play dress code police with my students.

JoeCamel

Yes. It's part of their job. If you're too scared to enforce a dress code, don't be a front gate CM. When I was a training facilitator at Epcot, I refused to let a new manager join the class because she was dressed like a slob. She threw a fit and my manager called hers right on the spot, let's just say she didn't have the most magical of days. Even today, as a teacher, I play dress code police with my students.
I was commenting more on the subjectivity of the acceptable dress the OP was positing

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom