Are ALL resorts sold out!?

LindsayW

Original Poster
We have a huge family trip booked for November 9-15. We are staying off property in a vacation home. We decided to book one room on property to have easy access for kiddos to nap as well as the perk of booking our dining at one time. If you search online it pulls all resorts up but if you click on them individually it says “unavailable for this date or deal.” What gives!? It isn’t Christmas or thanksgiving so I’m having a hard time believing that every single room and villa on Disney property is booked.

Raxel7851

Have you tried calling to check availability? There’s times when the website doesn’t have real time availability. I’ve had that happen to me several times, then when I called, they did find rooms.

LindsayW

Original Poster
Have you tried calling to check availability? There’s times when the website doesn’t have real time availability. I’ve had that happen to me several times, then when I called, they did find rooms.
I did call finally. Absolutely no availability. The cast member I spoke with said it actually shows some availability for thanksgiving week but none for our week. He said they aren’t allowed to speculate or use why in their vocabulary, but he encouraged me to continue checking for when rooms may be “released”

Hcalvert

I did call finally. Absolutely no availability. The cast member I spoke with said it actually shows some availability for thanksgiving week but none for our week. He said they aren’t allowed to speculate or use why in their vocabulary, but he encouraged me to continue checking for when rooms may be “released”
Maybe you will have more luck at booking through DVC if you feel comfortable renting points. I use this website to check DVC availability since I am not a member and it is pretty much accurate.

Raxel7851

Wow, I’m so sorry they didn’t have any rooms available for your trip. I hope eventually something will open up.

JohnD

We have a huge family trip booked for November 9-15. We are staying off property in a vacation home. We decided to book one room on property to have easy access for kiddos to nap as well as the perk of booking our dining at one time. If you search online it pulls all resorts up but if you click on them individually it says “unavailable for this date or deal.” What gives!? It isn’t Christmas or thanksgiving so I’m having a hard time believing that every single room and villa on Disney property is booked.
Have you tried doing a split stay? Originally an AK Lodge Disney+ standard room came up for a week but then it was gone. I waited too long. So then I tried for Wed-Sat. It came up and I took it. I had POFQ River View Room only for Sun - Wed but then I searched for Disney+ rates again for those dates and Contemporary (Garden Wing) came up. Now I have Contemporary (Garden Wing) Sun-Wed and AK Lodge Standard (Wed-Sat).

DisneyJoe

The NJEA (NJ Teachers Convention) is November 10-11 and usually draws a ton of NJ families to WDW that week due to the long weekend (with students and teachers having off) as well as Election Day on Nov 8 and Veterans Day on Nov 11. Many refer to this as "Jersey Week".

The runDisney Wine and Dine Half Marathon is Nov 3-6, some extend their trips past that.

It's also the near the end of the Epcot Food and Wine Festival, so many take a visit for that.

It becomes a "perfect storm" of sorts for NJ families to take a decent WDW vacation and miss little to no school days.

cosmicgirl

The issue might be that they don't have the same room type available for all nights. I checked inventory on the European site and the only room types you can book for all nights are all club level, many suites, or a studio at the Grand (but they do give you options!). There are one or two nights with very limited inventory showing and that is driving up the cost for the whole stay, as it puts you in club level, the flagship resorts, and/or suites for the full stay.

It all depends on your budget and which resort you're looking for but at the very least you should be able to get all nights at Coronado Springs in separate bookings with a room switch at some point. Most nights have at least one All-Star available, too.

LindsayW

Original Poster
Have you tried doing a split stay? Originally an AK Lodge Disney+ standard room came up for a week but then it was gone. I waited too long. So then I tried for Wed-Sat. It came up and I took it. I had POFQ River View Room only for Sun - Wed but then I searched for Disney+ rates again for those dates and Contemporary (Garden Wing) came up. Now I have Contemporary (Garden Wing) Sun-Wed and AK Lodge Standard (Wed-Sat).
Nope when k came he said ALL rooms are sold out for ALL dates. They have been since February I guess and no one really knows why.

LindsayW

Original Poster
Looks like the issue is the week through the 12th and 13th of November. Rooms available starting on November 12th.
We are all booked for flights and vacation home. Crowd levels are still set to be middle high not crazy high. Wondering where all these rooms are going ?! Or what they are used for since it’s doesn’t appear to be to visit the parks!

DisneyJoe

We are all booked for flights and vacation home. Crowd levels are still set to be middle high not crazy high. Wondering where all these rooms are going ?! Or what they are used for since it’s doesn’t appear to be to visit the parks!

The resorts could be full and everyone from the resorts be visiting the parks and crowd levels still be moderate - don't forget that there are MANY offsite hotels as well as local residents that contribute to the crowd levels.

BuddyThomas

All resorts cannot possibly be sold out, because based on the thread in “news and rumors” called “Josh D'Amaro comments on rising prices and additional" or removed services: An inevitable result of progress" - based on the comments there, no one would possibly stay one night in this nightmarish hellscape.

LindsayW

Original Poster
All resorts cannot possibly be sold out, because based on the thread in “news and rumors” called “Josh D'Amaro comments on rising prices and additional" or removed services: An inevitable result of progress" - based on the comments there, no one would possibly stay one night in this nightmarish hellscape.
I guess the verbiage they should use is “all available rooms sold out for these dates“. Upon my own research I have discovered that less than half of resort rooms are even available due to staffing issues.

Kane88

I was recently looking up rooms at Pop for an upcoming short stay and it said that non rooms were available. When the stay was lengthen accidentally to a full week. Pop became available. I went back to the shorter window to book and it wasn’t there. At first I thought it was a room that became available and then quickly scooped up but that wasn’t the case because I went back to the week long window and it was there again… something is going on….

Clamman73

I’m there nov 14th-19th and when I checked on Sunday when the OP posted, there was nothing for my dates. As of right now there’s some resorts with the cheapest being Music family suites $334/. The previous November week really nothing. I got my pop standard room maybe back in May or June since I know for that stretch of time you gotta grab it early.
So the rooms sort of come and go as the Disney computer system feels like it or whatever’s going on.

Raxel7851

You cannot book a one night stay...I think its been this way for a while...2 or 3 minimum. As for your stay...Maybe on a third party site..you could try?
@disneyfireman I believe you are correct. We had a 4 night stay at FW and wanted to add 2 days to the front part of our stay. I went to the WDW site, put in those 2 dates, and it showed No Availability. I then put in dates to cover the entire additional stay, and BOOM, all my days were available for the Preferred site we originally reserved. I called WDW directly and was able to modify my reservation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom