News EPCOT tours to resume in October

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Here are the tours returning -

Behind the Seeds

EPCOT Seas Adventures – DiveQuest

EPCOT Seas Adventures – Dolphins in Depth

"These guest-favorite tours return beginning Oct. 2 and are on sale beginning Aug. 22 on DisneyWorld.com or the My Disney Experience app. Due to the popularity of these tours, advance bookings are highly recommended. Please note the Behind the Seeds experience requires a valid theme park admission and reservation. For a complete list of the Enchanting Extras Collection across Walt Disney World Resort, click here."

Smiley/OCD

We loved the Behind the Seeds tour also…it’s my second favorite tour with the old Around the World on a Segway being my all time fav…unfortunately it was stopped long ago…me thinks it was a liability issue…

dmw

In the Parks
No
We loved the Behind the Seeds tour also…it’s my second favorite tour with the old Around the World on a Segway being my all time fav…unfortunately it was stopped long ago…me thinks it was a liability issue…
We did a Segway tour in 2019. It was called something else... and the start/end was all in the Fort Wilderness area.

Smiley/OCD

We did a Segway tour in 2019. It was called something else... and the start/end was all in the Fort Wilderness area.
Yes, that tour was still available up until Covid…this tour started at between 7 & 8 am…you “learned” indoors (I believe at innoventions) how to stop, start, steer, etc. then we rode as a group to WS before they opened to ride/tour throughout the countries…it was the most awesome tour AND we received a really neat limited edition pin upon the end of the tour. I couldn’t physically do it again, but I LOVE to see my girls try it…

ABQ

That was the Wilderness Backtrail Adventure. Would be super boring now as it would go through the flat, empty area cleared as part of the cancelled DVC resort. That was a fun one though on the larger offroad tires.

dmw

In the Parks
No
Yes, that tour was still available up until Covid…this tour started at between 7 & 8 am…you “learned” indoors (I believe at innoventions) how to stop, start, steer, etc. then we rode as a group to WS before they opened to ride/tour throughout the countries…it was the most awesome tour AND we received a really neat limited edition pin upon the end of the tour. I couldn’t physically do it again, but I LOVE to see my girls try it…
Oooh, that is an early start but sure sounds fun. We love doing Segway tours!

JohnD

Here are the tours returning -

Behind the Seeds

EPCOT Seas Adventures – DiveQuest

EPCOT Seas Adventures – Dolphins in Depth

"These guest-favorite tours return beginning Oct. 2 and are on sale beginning Aug. 22 on DisneyWorld.com or the My Disney Experience app. Due to the popularity of these tours, advance bookings are highly recommended. Please note the Behind the Seeds experience requires a valid theme park admission and reservation. For a complete list of the Enchanting Extras Collection across Walt Disney World Resort, click here."

I'll miss these by one day. OTOH, I already have plans for Savor the Savannah in AK several days earlier.

Smiley/OCD

Oooh, that is an early start but sure sounds fun. We love doing Segway tours!

Going back & thinking about it, I’m almost positive that it started at 8, 1 hour to train and then 90 minutes to 2 hours for the tour…they wanted us off them by the time WS opened at 11 am…the problem was dodging guests going back to innovations…NO ONE paid any attention (and that was before the days of parking your face in your cell phone) I think the liability of an accident caused that tour to end.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
According to the Walt Disney World website, EPCOT Seas Adventures – DiveQuest and Dolphins in Depth will be closed for refurbishment January 13 through mid-March 2023.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom