Memory maker

Mulva

Original Poster
Just wondering if memory maker is worth it if I just want ride photos? What is magic shots vs genie + photo pass lenses? Do they still show ride photos on screens when you exit rides with your ride photo number to purchase individually? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, this seems overwhelming to me…

MissingDisney

The prices below were what I found quickly but they are from 2019 so I’m sure it’s more expensive now. Worth it? — Depends on how many ride photos you intend to buy. Advance purchase of memory maker would cost you $150 so only you could decide if it’s worth it based on how many you intend to purchase. Not all rides show the photo at the end. They show up in your my Disney experience account and you can purchase from the link.
B894E1D1-AA65-4B20-8C44-48AEDA128218.jpeg

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Memory Maker includes more than just ride photos, it's also photos from the photographers arrive the parks in front of the iconic photo spots.

We've found that on our first couple trips we really loved having memory Maker for those around the parks photos. And then once every couple years we like it now because it's fun to see how everyone has changed. But in the in between, selfies in front of the castle and tree of life are just fine.

G00fyDad

Memory Maker includes more than just ride photos, it's also photos from the photographers arrive the parks in front of the iconic photo spots.

We've found that on our first couple trips we really loved having memory Maker for those around the parks photos. And then once every couple years we like it now because it's fun to see how everyone has changed. But in the in between, selfies in front of the castle and tree of life are just fine.
They are specifically asking about ride photos only. I don't think they are interested in the photography spot photos.

Just wondering if memory maker is worth it if I just want ride photos? What is magic shots vs genie + photo pass lenses? Do they still show ride photos on screens when you exit rides with your ride photo number to purchase individually? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, this seems overwhelming to me…

I would still get the Memory Maker. It was just $169 for us. That equals 8 ride photos at 8x10 size already. We'll get way more than just 8 ride photos.

Weather_Lady

I haven't bought it in years (it was a "one and done" for us).

In my personal opinion, no, it wasn't worth it. The ride photos were fun, but some didn't come out, and most were kind of grainy -- not of sufficient quality that you'd want to print one out and frame it for display. For others, due to the timing of the shots, we were half-hidden in the darkness outside of the flash range, or partially obscured by other guests. They were fun to look at for a few seconds, but that was really it. (Sidenote: Your question was specific to ride photos, but I'd add that MemoryMaker wasn't worth it for anything else, either. The PhotoPass photographer photos were no better than the ones we'd taken (or had cast members take of us) with our own phones, and we weren't interested in the MagicShots, although some PhotoPass photographers made us do stupid poses for them... and then never photoshopped in whatever thing we were supposed to be interacting with, with unintentionally hilarious results. ;))

If you're wearing a MagicBand with an active battery, all of your ride photos should pop up in your MDE account anyway (watermarked, naturally), so if there was one you really loved and wanted to purchase, you have that option regardless.

Last edited:

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
They are specifically asking about ride photos only. I don't think they are interested in the photography spot photos.

I would still get the Memory Maker. It was just $169 for us. That equals 8 ride photos at 8x10 size already. We'll get way more than just 8 ride photos.

If specifically for ride photos then no, not worth it at all. Half the time your ride photos don't even show up.

dreday3

We go every 2-3 years, and are a couple, so we always get it.

We have lots of great pictures of the two of us that we wouldn't have gotten without MM. And last trip a couple of siblings joined us and we have some funny pics together with the magic shots.

For $169, we find it to be worth it. :)

Br0ckford

We did it when our son was younger, but now its just the 2 of us. We see enough of each other. We take that cost and put it to an experience now. Dessert party, MNSSHP, this November we are doing MVMCP.

G00fyDad

We did it when our son was younger, but now its just the 2 of us. We see enough of each other. We take that cost and put it to an experience now. Dessert party, MNSSHP, this November we are doing MVMCP.
Yeah. If it were just my wife and I we would likely skip it too. Although we are still doing the Memory Maker this trip (with our son and his girlfriend) and we are also doing the MNSSHP and the Enchantment Treats and Seats. This trip is bankrupting me. LOL I think that when we get back I am going to have so much $ not taken out of each check anymore that it is going to feel like I just got a huge raise.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
That is when you go to the CM and have them fix it. The photos should be on your DME app almost right away.

Our last two trips with MM we've had about half of our ride photos not only not show up, but be completely unrecoverable. We wrote down the time we were on the ride, sect in a description of what we were wearing along with pictures of our outfits and only got one picture back from the haunted mansion. Everything else was , sorry, we couldn't find it. We don't get MM for the ride photos so no huge deal but it was a disappointment having put that much effort into finding the photos.

There's no way I'd pay the steep price tag on MM for just ride photos knowing the very likely chance a lot of the photos may never show up

MissingDisney

If specifically for ride photos then no, not worth it at all. Half the time your ride photos don't even show up.
But when they do……😂

I would’ve paid $150 just for this! They kept asking me to look at the pics in MDE. When it finally showed up, I “died” laughing.
My Disney-raised (now college) kids are “Memory Makers” on their own. 😂
0F27295F-1030-42E9-8EDB-F6096D5E1A66.jpeg

MMFanCipher

We get it, but we not only get ride photos but also stop at almost every photo person we see. This way we are all in the pictures because I don't like bothering strangers to take a picture for me.

Disneyfan_76

In my opinion its not really worth it to buy it ahead of time. yeah, its 'cheaper' but you have no idea how much you will use it or what the pictures will be like. Keep in mind that you can also purchase MM after the fact for just a single park. Since they have greatly reduced the presence of photographers in the park, its mostly just ride photo anyway. We ended up getting the MM for our single day at MK and then purchased one ride photo from one of the other parks. Most of the ride photos didn't show up or were not that great anyway. Also, the photographers are more than happy to take a few photos with your own device in addition as well.

MissingDisney

Just remember if you do decide to wait to buy memory maker until you are there, there is a three day delay for pictures to appear in your account. In other words, you need to plan at least three days in advance or those first 3 days of pictures will not be included in your package.
This is mentioned several times on the website.

Mulva

Original Poster
Thank you all so much. So the ride pictures automatically show up on my Disney app? I’m not understanding how with just a magic band…I can’t wait to see how it works! I think we’ll just buy individually if any are really great! That haunted mansion picture is a keeper!!!

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Thank you all so much. So the ride pictures automatically show up on my Disney app? I’m not understanding how with just a magic band…I can’t wait to see how it works! I think we’ll just buy individually if any are really great! That haunted mansion picture is a keeper!!!

Yes, but sometimes when you get off a ride you need to touch your magic band to the wall to make it happen

mergatroid

We got it 'free' in the UK with our 14 day pass. Got lot's of pictures by the various CM's all over the park. Every time we passed a CM taking photos we'd have one if we weren't in a rush. They were very good at suggesting poses for our group and we ended up with some pretty good pictures. Didn't have any problems with on-ride photos at all other than our friends not knowing where they were being taken to pose.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom