News Disney Vacation Club billboard wrapped in scaffolding for refurbishment

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
Personally I think advertising WDW attractions via billboards on WDW roads doesn’t make any sense to me. The only people seeing them are already here.
With this flawed logic, there shouldn't be billboards in my town advertising the local Italian place because people already live here. Or better yet, advertising things to do at the beach because people are already here. How about billboards advertising the newest Broadway shows in NYC?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Personally I think advertising WDW attractions via billboards on WDW roads doesn’t make any sense to me. The only people seeing them are already here.
It goes back to the times when people, even those staying on site, were not necessarily going to go to all parks. So it was useful to promote things taking place at the other parks to sell tickets.

MagicHappens1971

But advertising DVC on a billboard absolutely makes sense.
I didn't say that. However, everyone has easy access to attraction information via the park map or MDX. Not everyone knows about DVC. You don't need a Tower of Terror billboard by the entrance to DHS. No one is going to miss the 199 foot tall ToT.

correcaminos

I didn't say that. However, everyone has easy access to attraction information via the park map or MDX. Not everyone knows about DVC. You don't need a Tower of Terror billboard by the entrance to DHS. No one is going to miss the 199 foot tall ToT.
My kid will miss that tower. I haven't told my kid it is gone yet. He remarked in June how he loved it.

Anteater

My kid will miss that tower. I haven't told my kid it is gone yet. He remarked in June how he loved it.
If he asks about on your way in next time, just turn and say, "What tower? The one at DHS? Yeah, We're gonna have so much fun... waiting in line"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom