First Timers MK Restaurant picks

AnnabelleJayneMom

Original Poster
We are taking our relatives on a trip for their very first time- they are in their 30s. They are ridiculously excited as they have always wanted to go and never had the means to do so. I am trying to give them the most magical experience possible so I have been trying to book reservations and do things I normally wouldn't (because I have been so many times I skip a lot and just do what I want and tend to choose the same things all the time). I am struggling picking a dinner restaurant in Magic Kingdom. I remember when I was younger absolutely loving Tony's Town Square so I was thinking that would be good. However, I have actually never been to Be Our Guest and that looks magical and fun as well. Was toying with the idea of Crystal Palace as well... Anyone have any input on what you think the most magical and DISNEY dinner experience would be for some first timers? TIA!!

Just for Reference, here are my choices so far:
Day 1: Lunch-Flame Tree BBQ/Dinner- Food & Wine Fest
Day 2: Dinner-Prime Time Cafe
Day 3: Breakfast-Chef Mickeys/Dinner-Raglan Road(Or Hoop De doo?!)
Day 4: Dinner-Tonys?BOG?Crystal Palace?
Day 5: Breakfast-Boma

jpinkc

Day 1 Good AK Choices!!
Day 2 Prime Time is GREAT!!! IF you want something neat try the Sci-Fi Dine
Day 3 Perfect LOVE Raglan Road you wont be dissapointed
Day 4 OH GOD NOT TONY"S Try Liberty Tree, if not try Skippers Canteen unless you have a fussy eater. Crystal Palace is a hit or miss with us. Be Our Guest breakfast was better than dinner last time we were there.
Day Nothing wrong with Boma.

It would help to give your parks instead of days so we can get you better info. :D

Club Cooloholic

We are taking our relatives on a trip for their very first time- they are in their 30s. They are ridiculously excited as they have always wanted to go and never had the means to do so. I am trying to give them the most magical experience possible so I have been trying to book reservations and do things I normally wouldn't (because I have been so many times I skip a lot and just do what I want and tend to choose the same things all the time). I am struggling picking a dinner restaurant in Magic Kingdom. I remember when I was younger absolutely loving Tony's Town Square so I was thinking that would be good. However, I have actually never been to Be Our Guest and that looks magical and fun as well. Was toying with the idea of Crystal Palace as well... Anyone have any input on what you think the most magical and DISNEY dinner experience would be for some first timers? TIA!!

Just for Reference, here are my choices so far:
Day 1: Lunch-Flame Tree BBQ/Dinner- Food & Wine Fest
Day 2: Dinner-Prime Time Cafe
Day 3: Breakfast-Chef Mickeys/Dinner-Raglan Road(Or Hoop De doo?!)
Day 4: Dinner-Tonys?BOG?Crystal Palace?
Day 5: Breakfast-Boma
If this is their first trip to WDW, they might be more excited about parks and rides than the dining, especially running from resort to resort to do it. Some of what you post depends on where they are staying and even budget and interest. Are they that jazzed about meeting characters? Is it easy for them to get to Hoop Dee. Are they staying at AKL? If not I can't see any reason to travel there just for breakfast, especially when rope drop is important to getting on key rides.
My family has been to WDW tons of times, and we have found keeping the dining schedule more loose is better and more fun. I don't like to do more than one scheduled sit down(usually dinner or lunch) a day. We never do a sit down breakfast because the park time during those hours is too important.

Last edited:

Penny’s Dad

Your picks all look good, for Magic Kingdom I would either pick Be our Guest or Liberty Tree Tavern. Be our Guest is more expensive, if cost is not a problem I would pick that for the experience. We have always enjoyed Liberty Tree Tavern as well.

Imhere

Don't poo poo Tony's. A lot of people find it fashonable to claim it's the worst food on property. It was never as bad as advertised and recent reports show it's even better than it was a year or more ago.

I think a classic MK restaurant is Liberty Tree Tavern. We have also really enjoyed Skipper's Canteen. It has good food, and before you go read the backstory.

AnnabelleJayneMom

Original Poster
If this is their first trip to WDW, they might be more excited about parks and rides than the dining, especially running from resort to resort to do it. Some of what you post depends on where they are staying and even budget and interest. Are they that jazzed about meeting characters? Is it easy for them to get to Hoop Dee. Are they staying at AKL? If not I can't see any reason to travel there just for breakfast, especially when rope drop is important to getting on key rides.
My family has been to WDW tons of times, and we have found keeping the dining schedule more loose is better and more fun. I don't like to do more than one scheduled sit down(usually dinner or lunch) a day. We never do a sit down breakfast because the park time during those hours is too important.
Hi thanks for the response!:) They actually are pretty pumped abt the dining as we're all a bunch of fatties lolol. Boma is on our last day with no parks scheduled- and is my husbands only pick because he loves it for some reason! And after 33+ trips I have realized that no matter how much I WANT TO.. rope drop is just not a reality for who I am as a person LOL. I think after reading responses we may go with Liberty Tree instead of Tonys tho

Kingoglow

Skip Tony's. Hop on the monorail and take a short ride to the Grand Floridian and have a meal at the Grand Floridian Cafe. You will enjoy the food more and get to ride the monorail.

Club Cooloholic

Hi thanks for the response!:) They actually are pretty pumped abt the dining as we're all a bunch of fatties lolol. Boma is on our last day with no parks scheduled- and is my husbands only pick because he loves it for some reason! And after 33+ trips I have realized that no matter how much I WANT TO.. rope drop is just not a reality for who I am as a person LOL. I think after reading responses we may go with Liberty Tree instead of Tonys tho
Oh we loved Liberty Tavern the last few times we went. More than skippers.

NickPytlinski

I'd say do Casey's corner if they are first timers, its not a sit down meal but an MK staple!

sit downs at magic are nothing amazing as there so much more things to get excited about in the park.
i'd go to the poly. do some O'Hanas (breakfast or dinner! or both lol)

harryk

If doing a sit-down for breakfast, knowing they eat up a lot of time in the morning, I'd suggest Whispering Canyon at the Wilderness Lodge. Not a character breakfast, but a fun serving staff. Otherwise, most of the restaurants at MK are pretty good with the Skippers Canteen being a fine selection for a sit-down lunch or dinner.

JohnD

Have you considered Skipper Canteen? The food is good plus good beer and wine selections. Interacting with the CM is almost like being in 50s Prime Time. This time you put up with the corny jokes. But it's fun.

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Honestly if you want to stay in the park, I would go with Skippers or BOG. If you want to venture out, definitely try to get Steakhouse 71 or if you want a good time and a good meal head to HDD.
Good luck and have a great trip!!!

Pam

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom